Shadow Issue?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
alvin777
photon blast

Shadow Issue?

Post#1 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:37 am

Hi. Has anyone encountered this shadow issue (actual photo attached)? Is it the Dreamcast unit (what part is damaged), the PC CRT or the VGA box (Retrobit) that's at fault. What could be the fix? The shadow goes away after awhile.

Thank you in advance.

God bless, Proverbs 31
Attachments
DreamcastShodowIssue.png

Jako
Sunday Shootout

Re: Shadow Issue?

Post#2 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:51 pm

I lived the same fault using a vga at my job. The shadow travels to the right too.
In my case, was only the vga cable the problem. But your CRT maybe have it "integrated" and only you see one side of the cable.
If not, the fail would be the VGA converter.
In old CRT monitors the Dreamcast VGA looks awesome, my fauvorite combo. I cant find the words, but it have the Perfect Arcade Touch image jejej ;-)
Good choice!
Be Dreamcast My Friend!!!

alvin777
photon blast

Re: Shadow Issue?

Post#3 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:05 am

Hi Thanks. I should replace the Retrobit VGA then (will save up for the Beharbros brand Kuro VGA box for DC). PC CRT doens't work with SEGS Saturn light gun though (is not too bad but not perfect in SEGA Dreamcast light gun). Thank you.

God bless, Proverbs 31