Removing ECHELON banner from .CDI in 2016? Anyone?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
b0rd2dEAth
noob

Removing ECHELON banner from .CDI in 2016? Anyone?

Post#1 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:17 am

I've been looking everywhere for the last few days and I don't believe that this topic has been covered that well anywhere online.. Most of the information is super outdated and the 1ST_READ.bin files seem to all vary in size making HEXing them really difficult. Does anyone know a comprehensive way of going about this? :geek: :?:

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Re: Removing ECHELON banner from .CDI in 2016? Anyone?

Post#2 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:34 pm

Buy the GD-ROM. ;) :mrgreen:
"Fear the HUnewearl."

b0rd2dEAth
noob

Post#3 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:00 am

Thanks for the advice though that wasn't really an answer to my question..

There are several games I want to do this for at the moment and I'm not really trying to buy all of them. I really just want to know and be able to do this at this point because of technical aspect to it rather than to complete my collection. The main game I am currently trying to do this for is Rez (PAL) and if I purchased the PAL copy I'd still like to be able to make it NTSC self-bootable. Been digging around for days and don't feel like giving up yet.. If anyone has ever done this or has the skills to understand how I can go about it please do chime in. It would be great information for anyone and everyone here in the forum.

If I end up figuring it out myself I'll be sure to let you guys know. Thanks! :D

OGDCFAN99
Arabian Night

Post#4 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:59 pm

I agree, buy the GD ROM its worth it ;)

Not only is it far more complicated than you may think but removing the banner would be a pointless waste of time that would accomplish nothing. Echelon rips are ancient and horribly optimized. Better off going with one of the releases from a much newer release group for many reasons that you should research on your own.

MisterTipp
rebel

Post#5 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:41 pm

I'm guessing this is about skies of arcadia? ;)

I'm just living with it. I couldn't play the game at first because they had removed the pal hz switch menu, and I only had an antenna cable... 60hz video feed into a pal tv through the antenna isn't good if you like colors and a screen not jumping all over the tv haha.

b0rd2dEAth
noob

Post#6 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:06 am

I found some very useful information for anyone trying to reconstruct Dreamcast .cdi images.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=916501