Dreamcast Was Never That Good

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Re: Dreamcast Was Never That Good

Post#21 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:58 pm

What baffles me most about this topic, is that the OP has been here for 4 years and has 145 posts...which imo is odd if you hate something :lol: :lol:

krssn wrote:

Your rhetoric is as wanted as a vegetarian shouting "meat is bad" at the butcher's.

edit: typo

I have shocked many vegetarians with my Meat Is Dinner shirt, mainly coz I'm one myself :lol: :lol:
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

krssn
Metallic

Post#22 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:14 pm

mazonemayu wrote:I have shocked many vegetarians with my Meat Is Dinner shirt, mainly coz I'm one myself :lol: :lol:

Meaning you're a piece of meat, or you're dinner?... :lol:

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#23 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:16 pm

I'm confused as to why you even bring up the ps3 when it is not even the same generation gaming console? I love my ps3 also but I realize it is a completely different beast. It would be like comparing a Dreamcast with a NES. Two totally different machines.

BTW in my opinion the n64 controller sucked. Very uncomfortable to me.

Dreamcaseal
letterbomb

Post#24 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:33 pm

the ps3 is an example of a real console. no novelties. just a brutal gaming machine. the dreamcast is a baby's toy. like ive already said i was a dreamcast fan. im still nostalgic about it but... upon reflection is deserved to die the way it did. a lot of the things people like about it are what killed it. kinda like the wii. novelties, bad hardware, etc. i am just glad i can play the one or two games i liked on the dreamcast on pc with better upgraded graphics, more content, and not gimped. the dreamcast may have been the foundation for some of these games but its now left in the dust and better supported elsewhere.

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#25 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:58 pm

Playstation move is not a novelty???

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#26 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:00 pm

Dreamcaseal wrote:the ps3 is an example of a real console. no novelties. just a brutal gaming machine.

It's a mediocre pc in a box, pretty much like any console nowadays, it does not surpass or is even on par with a decent gaming pc of today, something that the DC actually did and/ or was when it came out. There wasn't a pc on this earth that could run shit like Soul Calibur back in 1998

Dreamcaseal wrote: thedreamcast may have been the foundation for some of these games but its now left in the dust and better supported elsewhere.

Erm...this is a dreamcast forum :lol:
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#27 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:03 pm

The original ps3 backwards compatible had hardware issues. Let's not forget about the updates for games and the system. That's frustrating.

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#28 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:05 pm

Dreamcaseal wrote:the ps3 is an example of a real console. no novelties. just a brutal gaming machine. the dreamcast is a baby's toy. like ive already said i was a dreamcast fan. im still nostalgic about it but... upon reflection is deserved to die the way it did. a lot of the things people like about it are what killed it. kinda like the wii. novelties, bad hardware, etc. i am just glad i can play the one or two games i liked on the dreamcast on pc with better upgraded graphics, more content, and not gimped. the dreamcast may have been the foundation for some of these games but its now left in the dust and better supported elsewhere.

I really don't get what you want to achieve. To everyone on the forum go "Oh you're right, I'm gonna go and throw all my DC stuff in the trash now cuz you enlightened me."? You don't like the DC anymore, completely fine, then don't visit the site. I think this current console generation is a joke, but I don't go around forums telling that to everyone.

And LOL at the PS3 comment. The PS3 is stronger than the DC? Well maybe it's because they were released 8 years apart. Compared to today's high end PCs, your "brutal" PS3 is also baby's toy.

And while you might not like novelties, at least those made the consoles special. I look at the last 3 generations of playstations and xboxes and see nothing special about them. Pretty much copy and paste of one another with different brand names and logos. Same controllers for the last 3 generations, nothing to really make them stand out. That's my unpopular opinion.

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#29 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:06 pm

Oh if the dreamcast is such a novelty then how come it still gets better and more high quality releases than the ps3 does today? and why more and more games are coming back online with voice chat plus a bigger group playing them? ps3 and xbox 360 servers are going down while dreamcast's are going up, dreamcast is a special kind of machine.

krssn
Metallic

Post#30 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:18 pm

The-Amazing-Mr_V wrote:The original ps3 backwards compatible had hardware issues. Let's not forget about the updates for games and the system. That's frustrating.

On top of that the Dreamcast didn't have an orange triangle of death or something similar like those 'real consoles' had...