Idea to get us even more Dreamcast online users :)

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
DarkSynbios
DC-Talk Addict

Re: Idea to get us even more Dreamcast online users :)

Post#41 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:09 am

Xiden wrote:Ill make some new posts on assembler gamer and maybe on onlineconsoles too. I think people are afraid of the LVI because they think its complicated. Also there seems to be a demand for dreampi kits. I might start manufacturing a few myself and put them up on ebay

I will agree with Xiden. I think more people need less complicated thing about to connect and play online on Dreamcast. My opinion if someone can make a small board like for raspberry pi zero which can have fax/modem chip, wifi, ethernet,modem adapter, 9/18 volt extender so you can choose for what modem you have on dc. So the only thing to become a plug n play and ready to connect online.

DR TEAMCAST
Uber

Post#42 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:24 am

An idea that can be pitched to a couple of sites that sell mod chips is mass producing a small simple board with a 9v connector and two phone inputs. The board would probably be less than $10. But this should be it's own thread in itself
ImageImage
Forum for Dreamcast and Saturn browsers http://bb.dreampipe.net
Media, News, Events and more for your Sega Dreamcast internet browser at http://dreampipe.net

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#43 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:16 am

I can't bring myself to reply to this comment. I can't tell whether this guy is serious or just trolling. :lol:

Comment.png
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Xiden
Developer

Post#44 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:01 am

pcwzrd13 wrote:I can't bring myself to reply to this comment. I can't tell whether this guy is serious or just trolling. :lol:

Comment.png

He's just a highly confused individual who has no idea what they are talking about lol

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#45 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:08 am

Xiden wrote:He's just a highly confused individual who has no idea what they are talking about lol

My guess is that he's 12 years of age, has never seen a composite cable in his life and has no idea what a dial-up connection is. This is no excuse however. "Google is your friend." applies to people of all ages. :lol:
PSO Characters:

Xiden
Developer

Post#46 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:10 am

That video now has over 170,000+ views. Thats awesome, almost 100k more

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#47 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:18 am

Xiden wrote:That video now has over 170,000+ views. Thats awesome, almost 100k more

Yup! Larry Bundy Jr. just commented on it too. If you don't know who he is, he's a friend of Stuart Ashen, the original famous YouTuber. :)
PSO Characters:

Xiden
Developer

Post#48 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:21 am

pcwzrd13 wrote:
Xiden wrote:That video now has over 170,000+ views. Thats awesome, almost 100k more

Yup! Larry Bundy Jr. just commented on it too. If you don't know who he is, he's a friend of Stuart Ashen, the original famous YouTuber. :)

Yeah I've seen a few of his vids :) Thats pretty cool he stopped by.

PC you should consider making a Dreampi video that shows the newest LVI connectors you've made (AC adapter and USB) :)

MrMaxxSand
lithium

Post#49 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:40 pm

Not sure this would help that much but if someone was to make a 30 second "advertisement" for the Dreamcast online gaming servers, I would pay for add space on YouTube and the like.

I am already investing into new DC games (check my info post in the lounge)