Idea to get us even more Dreamcast online users :)

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Re: Idea to get us even more Dreamcast online users :)

Post#21 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:52 am

So here's something interesting and somewhat baffling. I sent my buddy Farmhouse a DreamPi kit a couple months ago, he made a video on it, and just recently the video has shot up from around 15,000 views to over 80,000! Just last night it gained at least 5,000 views! I have no idea what triggered this but that's amazing!

PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Xiden
Developer

Post#22 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:29 am

pcwzrd13 wrote:So here's something interesting and somewhat baffling. I sent my buddy Farmhouse a DreamPi kit a couple months ago, he made a video on it, and just recently the video has shot up from around 15,000 views to over 80,000! Just last night it gained at least 5,000 views! I have no idea what triggered this but that's amazing!

That is very awesome! Just from reading the comments:

1. People are confused if people are actually still playing games online
2. Think dreampi is difficult and confusing, and want a ready made kit

I think if people knew that kits were for sale and where to buy them would help. Or where to buy premade LVI's from your website.

I'd like to see him make a Follow up youtube video with USB-Powered LVI, something that shows there very little to connect and super easy to use. Maybe have him use Q3A on our Friday game nights just to show the amount of people that still play :)

Also at the end if he could point people to this community we could also provide the support needed to get more uses online :)

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#23 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:27 am

Xiden wrote:I'd like to see him make a Follow up youtube video

To be honest I don't think he'd really want to make a follow-up video. This one has brought a lot of trolls to his channel which he isn't too thrilled about. Don't really blame him.

He did link to my channel as well as Dreamcast Live in the description so they can get all the information they need at either one. People are obviously clicking the links as I've gotten a flood of subscribers lately. I've also been replying to a lot of the comments to clear up any questions people have.
PSO Characters:

Xiden
Developer

Post#24 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:30 am

pcwzrd13 wrote:
Xiden wrote:I'd like to see him make a Follow up youtube video

To be honest I don't think he'd really want to make a follow-up video. This one has brought a lot of trolls to his channel which he isn't too thrilled about. Don't really blame him.

He did link to my channel as well as Dreamcast Live in the description so they can get all the information they need at either one. People are obviously clicking the links as I've gotten a flood of subscribers lately. I've also been replying to a lot of the comments to clear up any questions people have.

Damn Sony/M$ trolls lol.

Well hopefully we still continue to see an increase in dreampi users :)

gjb1985
drunken sailor

Post#25 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:43 pm

Xiden wrote:If someone knows Adam Koralik, or Mark from CGR, or other popular youtube dreamcast channels. We should send them Dreampi kits so they can show tons of people the world of Dreamcast online :) Just a thought

or better yet sell dreampi kits on ebay etc. I would buy one

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#26 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:56 am

The video got another 40,000 views overnight! Holy crap! :lol:

gjb1985 wrote:or better yet sell dreampi kits on ebay etc. I would buy one

I sell them on Dreamcast Live. You'll have to be quick to get one though as they sell out fast when I have one in stock.
PSO Characters:

Xiden
Developer

Post#27 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:03 am

pcwzrd13 wrote:The video got another 40,000 views overnight! Holy crap! :lol:

gjb1985 wrote:or better yet sell dreampi kits on ebay etc. I would buy one

I sell them on Dreamcast Live. You'll have to be quick to get one though as they sell out fast when I have one in stock.

DANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG Thats really awesome! Looks like its gone viral :D

Xiden
Developer

Post#28 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:07 am

If you guys have a gmail account, please reply to the mass loads of people on that video :)

Many people want to know more, where to find players, where we host games, etc.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#29 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:08 am

Xiden wrote:DANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG Thats really awesome! Looks like its gone viral :D

I'm just mystified. The video has been up for a couple months. Why did it all of a sudden spike in views in the last couple days? I was thinking it might have been posted on a major gaming site like IGN but not as far as I can tell. Heck, I'm not complaining. :D
PSO Characters:

Xiden
Developer

Post#30 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:21 am

pcwzrd13 wrote:
Xiden wrote:DANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG Thats really awesome! Looks like its gone viral :D

I'm just mystified. The video has been up for a couple months. Why did it all of a sudden spike in views in the last couple days? I was thinking it might have been posted on a major gaming site like IGN but not as far as I can tell. Heck, I'm not complaining. :D

Its pretty dang awesome. I'm trying to encourage people to come here or to your site PC. Lot's of people want to buy a dreampi just not make one lol. Gatta start making these things in bulk! lol