First playable web game on Dreamcast?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Sonic1994DC
Carnage

First playable web game on Dreamcast?

Post#1 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:23 pm

I was playing with the XDP Browser on Dreamcast and was looking if I could find anything cool to do with it. I remembered that in elementary school I would go on this website called funbrain and would play simple math games and some non-educational games one of them being Mighty Guy which was my favorite game, so I tried going on the website and see if the game would play/load up. And to my surprise the game actual did load up but sadly as I tried pressing/clicking the start button to play the game the page would reload. I did notice though when I would but hover over the game screen for it it would highlight it in red and the mouse hand would change like with its index finger pointing on it like advance to the next page/next part. Once I couldn't do anymore with that game I tried another one this time more simple it was a math baseball game where you would just type in the number and click the swing button to advance and it did work, the batter went on base. The last game I tried was Mighty Guy 2 and this one needed a newer version of Adobe Flash Player to play it, I thought this was an interesting thing though to talk about. This does work on dial up too

IMG_3993.JPG

IMG_3994.JPG

IMG_3995.JPG

IMG_3996.JPG

IMG_3997.JPG

BaffleBlend
dark night

Re: First playable web game on Dreamcast?

Post#2 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:50 pm

So some Flash games actually work?

:idea:

There's already browser-based multi-game homebrew discs that load local HTML files. What if we could put together a .cdi compilation of working flash games like that?

(And I remember Funbrain well. Good times.)
Can play online, but doesn't very often.

Avatar commissioned from Steven Borgers (here's his Tumblr and DeviantArt).

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#3 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:55 pm

BaffleBlend wrote:So some Flash games actually work?

:idea:

There's already browser-based multi-game homebrew discs that load local HTML files. What if we could put together a .cdi compilation of working flash games like that?

(And I remember Funbrain well. Good times.)

It would be awesome if I could play Mighty Guy on the Dreamcast and yeah funbrain was cool back in the day but I did notice the website has changed and seems more simple now. I wonder if it would be possible to make an updated version of the web browser like XDP

everynewday84
Nemesis

Post#4 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:14 pm

Ive played many flash games on the dreamcast. IIRC, the XDP browser disc has some of these games linked.

\If only RAPPY BIRD would work on Dreamcast!

http://dl.sega.com.s3.amazonaws.com/rappy/index.html
This is a message to you:
Do what you love; Love what you do.