Would anyone attend a Dreamcast Event like Jagfest

Discuss Dreamcast related events and other Dreamcast websites here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

lastcallgames
Vagabond

Re: Would anyone attend a Dreamcast Event like Jagfest

Post#11 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:18 pm

Yeah, all the US people are like "I'd do it in (insert my area here)".

DreamcastUK
brutal

Post#12 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:21 am

Wrath of Khan wrote:If we can make it happen in the Uk or europe them I'm in. It would be cool to go to the usa but I doubt i'll have that kind of money for the foreseeable future.

At the moment I am currently speaking with different types of venues to see if this is something that they could hold.

There other talks will start regarding ticket sales and then will call upon developers and sites/stores if they would like to also be a part of this.

Of course if there is anyone from the UK who wants to help get this off the ground please pm me, once I have more details I'll post it here and then will create a standalone site with all the info
Online Games: PSO | Quake III Arena | Toy Racer | 4x4 Evo | Starlancer | Planet Ring | Maximum Pool

ItsMuchMore
Founder & Lead Editor

The Dreamcast Junkyard
YouTube Editor

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#13 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:42 am

DreamcastUK wrote:
Wrath of Khan wrote:If we can make it happen in the Uk or europe them I'm in. It would be cool to go to the usa but I doubt i'll have that kind of money for the foreseeable future.

At the moment I am currently speaking with different types of venues to see if this is something that they could hold.

There other talks will start regarding ticket sales and then will call upon developers and sites/stores if they would like to also be a part of this.

Of course if there is anyone from the UK who wants to help get this off the ground please pm me, once I have more details I'll post it here and then will create a standalone site with all the info

Well I can certainly help spread the word and perhaps message Evildragon about it when the time comes. He did so far release only Fruit Y for the dreamcast but he wants to do more.
He's also developing the Pyra handheld which has Reicast the dreamcast emulator running on it. I guess it depends on the size and scale of the event in terms of who and what we might entice.

lastcallgames
Vagabond

Post#14 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:54 pm

If it's in the UK or Europe I'd like to go, but it comes down to money and time (I'd spend at least a week there doing other stuff too).

OGDCFAN99
Arabian Night

Post#15 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:28 pm

While the concept sounds phenomenal and I would absolutely attend, it makes me wonder if the majority of us "Dreamcast Fanatics" are in the US or abroad. By Dreamcast fanatic I mean people that would actually make the effort to attend even if its out of the country. We should have a poll to find out what territories everyone is from.

I personally have never been to the UK except for layovers in Heathrow but I wonder if many of you UK guys have been to the US? Probably more have visited the US then we have the UK but I could be wrong. It does seem like a lot of major contributors to the Dreamcast scene are Europen so maybe it would make sense to have it over there, as inconvenient as it would be?

Or what if it was in LA? You'd most likely be able to fly directly in and there would be so much to do and see while your visiting because you'd probably stay for longer than a day or two. Especially if your from out of the state or country.

Or how about Adam K hosts it in Chicago since he would have the most to contribute to the event :mrgreen:

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#16 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:35 pm

I'm from Ireland. There is a lot of USA guys on here too Iv'e noticed and Uk.

lastcallgames
Vagabond

Post#17 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:24 am

Well Chicago does have a major airport (and LAX kinda sucks honestly).

I'm from the US but I've been to the UK before, I spent a weekend in London then a week in Scotland. Haven't been to mainland Europe yet.

Tomleecee
lithium

Post#18 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:02 pm

Tom from Dreamcast Junkyard here. This sounds like an awesome idea. We had a section at Play Manchester last year and people loved it. We'll be at another small event in Dorset in March spreading the love. You can read about the Play event here: http://www.thedreamcastjunkyard.co.uk/2 ... recap.html

I love doing live events and meeting fellow DC fans and I've actually spoken to the National Video Games guys in Nottingham although it was a while ago. I would happy promote a DC convention and I'll float the idea on the DCJY Facebook group to gauge interest!