New to the Community

Discuss Dreamcast related events and other Dreamcast websites here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

81cheney
noob

New to the Community

Post#1 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:56 pm

I recently got a preowned Dreamcast, I have one word for it. That word is spontaneous. I currently only have one game, and no accessories (except the cords and controller, if those even count).

I was never expecting a system from the late 90's to be so modern, my brother even thought it was from the Wii era. I have $100 waiting for me to spend on the Dreamcast. I plan to buy a virtual memory unit, vibrating compact, and a few games. You can post recommendations below.

Anyways, the Dreamcast is just wow. I've only owned one Sega system before and that is the Sega Genesis. I looked to get the Saturn, but that doesn't have a large community or fanbase and is slightly shunned. The Playstation was another minor candidate, but I chose the Sega Dreamcast for a few reasons. The community, the game selection, and it deserved more glory than it receives.

I look forward to posting and making way into the community!

OranginaDreamer
shadow

Re: New to the Community

Post#2 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:50 am

Hello, and welcome. c:

The Dreamcast was certainly ahead of its time, yes, and for a console with such a short lifespan there sure was a plethora of amazing releases! There's a great write up over at Dreamcast Junkyard about the best 200 games for the system, which is a good place to get started.