the unreleased resident evil code veronica x for dc

Discuss Dreamcast related events and other Dreamcast websites here.
truemaster1
shadow

the unreleased resident evil code veronica x for dc

Post#1 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:33 am

hello im costas from greece and i'm new here i own a dreamcast from june 2000. i am also a huge resident evil fan. the last two weeks i have started a project i called it project veronica. before i continue i want to ensure you that i'm the one who starting the project. and isn't someone else job that i steal and claim it my own. the dc have 2 re cv versions the 1st that release worldwide and the second that released only in japan. the second only see pal and usa release as code veronica x for ps2 and gamecube. i dont know about gamecube but the ps2 one i beleve is inferior to dc. so heres my project. by using the main game files from the usa version those with rdx extension and using the corect files from the japan version i have make an english version of re cv that have all extra from the complete version. im curently upload the game its gona take a little because the upload speed in greece is very slow. i have test the game to make sure is working and it is(there are some small issues regarding the extra scenes but its playable) i have also include a note in my upload that explain the steps i make and the files i use. so do you want to share it with you by giving the links after upload is done?? and are you ready as i am to track and fix some of the remaining issues? the issues are caused from the 1st_read.bin because im using the usa version 1st_read.bin. if i use the one from the 2nd version issues with the text will hapen. i include in my upload the 2nd version 1st_read.bin and tools to extract the custom gdi game and rebuild it as a selfboot.nrg or gdi.

truemaster1
shadow

Re: the unreleased resident evil code veronica x for dc

Post#2 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:25 am

thanks for approve my post as i promise here the links
part 1 https://firedrop.com/956a9b08c637cae0
part 2 https://firedrop.com/cb318e0474b8494b

scaryred24
Sunday Shootout

Post#3 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:13 pm

I have no way on testing those right now but you got my interest. I do understand that the PS2 port isn't the greatest but the HD re-releases are based upon that port. From what I can gather from the GameCube port is that it was dated by that point after having RE evil and zero from earlier and that it didn't even take advantage of the said hardware either. Now I have the US dreamcast release and the PSN HD remaster, but really besides the puzzles that might require a little memorization of text any Japanese copies of Biohazard is fully playable start to finish 100% without even knowing the language since 90% of the game is in English anyways.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $1649 ($498 with sales)
  • Games owned: 159
  • Games not played: 73 (46%)
  • Hours on record: 1,339.2h

https://darknet-hell.blogspot.com/

truemaster1
shadow

Post#4 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:27 pm

scaryred24 wrote:I have no way on testing those right now but you got my interest. I do understand that the PS2 port isn't the greatest but the HD re-releases are based upon that port. From what I can gather from the GameCube port is that it was dated by that point after having RE evil and zero from earlier and that it didn't even take advantage of the said hardware either. Now I have the US dreamcast release and the PSN HD remaster, but really besides the puzzles that might require a little memorization of text any Japanese copies of Biohazard is fully playable start to finish 100% without even knowing the language since 90% of the game is in English anyways.

yes if you remember how to solve a puzzle in the game then you can beat it, even if the texts are japanese. about that any biohazard game is 90% English im gona disagree. how it can be 90% English if only the speeches and main menu are in English but the files you find through the game, the items menu, and the description when check item are in japanish?? and that is exactly what i have done with this mod, i have make the game complete English and is close to the official ntsc-u and pal code veronica x. but there are some small issues though, there are some missing effects during the extra scenes but nothing serious i have detailed them in a readme file in my upload

DarkSynbios
fragger

Post#5 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:32 pm

ΕΕΕΕΕ Μπραβο! Well done my friend! ;)

scaryred24
Sunday Shootout

Re: RE: Re: the unreleased resident evil code veronica x for dc

Post#6 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:42 pm

truemaster1 wrote:[quote="scaryred24"]I have no way on testing those right now but you got my interest. I do understand that the PS2 port isn't the greatest but the HD re-releases are based upon that port. From what I can gather from the GameCube port is that it was dated by that point after having RE evil and zero from earlier and that it didn't even take advantage of the said hardware either. Now I have the US dreamcast release and the PSN HD remaster, but really besides the puzzles that might require a little memorization of text any Japanese copies of Biohazard is fully playable start to finish 100% without even knowing the language since 90% of the game is in English anyways.

yes if you remember how to solve a puzzle in the game then you can beat it, even if the texts are japanese. about that any biohazard game is 90% English im gona disagree. how it can be 90% English if only the speeches and main menu are in English but the files you find through the game, the items menu, and the description when check item are in japanish?? and that is exactly what i have done with this mod, i have make the game complete English and is close to the official ntsc-u and pal code veronica x. but there are some small issues though, there are some missing effects during the extra scenes but nothing serious i have detailed them in a readme file in my upload[/quote]
What I mean by that is towards an English speaking community it is 90% playable. I an aware that the game is dubbed in Japanese but that doesn't take away anything for. It just ascetic for me. You don't have to know the language to poke around with the game to figure out what works and what doesn't. Now the only question I have to ask is how are game saves compatible between the non-kazaban (x) variant and is the game saves region lock. Will I run the risk of corrupting save data or even my vmu? I do have a spare and I really don't want to lose my progess with pso, rez, headhunter, and 4x4 evo?

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $1649 ($498 with sales)
  • Games owned: 159
  • Games not played: 73 (46%)
  • Hours on record: 1,339.2h

https://darknet-hell.blogspot.com/

truemaster1
shadow

Post#7 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:33 pm

the save region lock isn't bypased or something is still there. simply the 1st_read.bin is from the usa version so the saves are ntsc-u you can even load a game from your original version without worry about any corrupts trust me on this. the things i put that give the extra videos found only in the kazeban or x are simply some files.