New Place to Buy Independent Dreamcast Games

Discuss Dreamcast related events and other Dreamcast websites here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

SirNyan
dark night

New Place to Buy Independent Dreamcast Games

Post#1 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:58 pm

Hello everyone, I’m new to the forum and wanted to let everyone know a little about myself and a new Dreamcast related company I co-own and run.

I guess I’ll introduce myself first. I’m a huge Dreamcast fan and have been actively collecting for the system for about 4 years now. I currently have around 40 Dreamcast games in my collection. I would probably have more if I didn’t live in part of the USA where wild Dreamcast games are rarer than Dodo birds. It’s cool though, because it makes finding a game in the wild that much more exciting. I do collect for several other systems, but the Dreamcast is by far one of my favorites and has been since I started collecting for it. I was one of those people that always wanted a Dreamcast back in the early 2000s, but by the time I had the extra cash to buy one they were being removed from store shelves. So, I did what everyone else did. I bought a PS2 Slim (which I still have). Don’t get me wrong, I love the PS2, but it just doesn’t have the same feel as the Dreamcast.

(HERE’S THE COMPANY PART) About 3 years ago I was researching the Dreamcast library and ran across the Independent Dreamcast Scene and was amazed. I never imagined that people were actually still making games for older “outdated” gaming systems. So I purchased a couple of these games online and was instantly hooked. I talked my best friend into picking up a Dreamcast about 2 years ago and we started discussing the whole “Independent” games thing. At first, he was not impressed, but when I bought him a copy of DUX 1.5 for his birthday, he finally started to see why I was so interested in these games. So last fall we were talking about it again and I told him I was getting really annoyed by the amount of work I was having to put in to track down all these different “retro indies” (I had started buying these for other systems too). So I told him I really wished there was a single store or website where people could just go and buy them without all the hassle (like going to GameStop or Amazon for modern games). I suggested that we do it, but at the time we were talking about starting a more modern video game focused business. So the idea got dropped quickly. By this past March the other suggested company had fallen apart after we lost a key person to that company’s success and the “retro indies” store was brought back up. He finally reluctantly agreed to come on board and we started the whole legal process to found a business and here we are 6 months later.

The Bit Station Logo 1.png
The Bit Station Logo 1.png (10.15 KiB) Viewed 10516 times

(Our Logo, which is obviously Dreamcast inspired)

The name of our company is The Bit Station and we currently have games for four different systems including the NES, SNES, GBA, and finally the Dreamcast. The Dreamcast section is our largest section at the moment and we’re very proud of that. We buy all our games directly from the original developer/publisher, so we are an official dealer for every company we work with. It’s our goal to eventually bring together games from every “retro indie” scene into one easy to find store.

I hope some of you will check us out. Our web address is http://www.thebitstationgames.com or you can find us on pretty much every social media platform under “/thebitstation”.

If you have a question or suggestion feel free to post below or PM me.
Looking for awesome Independent Dreamcast games? Visit The Bit Station at www.thebitstationgames.com!

dreamcast-news
Prince of Persia

Re: New Place to Buy Independent Dreamcast Games

Post#2 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:33 am

You don't deliver on international?
- Dev - Hacks - Homebrews - Games - Demos -

mstar
Doom

Post#3 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:39 am

Yay, this is looking awesome and i think it's a pretty good idea - also to find out about games on other platforms you don't follow as closely as your preferred system :)

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#4 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:30 pm

Also nice to see another place to purchase Dreamcast indies!

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#5 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:27 pm

Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!

Impulse
Admin

Post#6 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:33 am

Hey SirNyan thanks for posting and welcome to the forums! It was cool to hear about your collection and how the store got it's start.

So guys, I've been chatting with SirNyan a bit and we have a little something special to offer everyone in the next few days so stay tuned to the News page!
-Impulse

SirNyan
dark night

Post#7 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:29 pm

dreamcast-news wrote:You don't deliver on international?

We do ship international to some countries.

Our international list currently includes:
*Canada
*Mexico
*U.S. Territories
*Japan
*Australia
*the United Kingdom
*France
*Germany

We are actively added more countries to that list, so if you have a suggestion or live somewhere not on this list let us know!

One challenge we are currently working on overcoming is the high shipping rates for international. So if you live outside of North America and shipping to your country is just too high, let us know and we'll see what we can do.
Looking for awesome Independent Dreamcast games? Visit The Bit Station at www.thebitstationgames.com!

HCRAYERT504
undertow

Post#8 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:48 pm

SirNyan what games does your company have for sale?

SirNyan
dark night

Post#9 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:40 am

HCRAYERT504 wrote:SirNyan what games does your company have for sale?

I apologize HCRAYERT504, I didn't notice anyone had left a new comment on this thread until now. To answer your question, below I have included an up to date list of the Dreamcast titles we carry as of October 24, 2016.

*Cool Herders
*Elansar & Philia
*Feet of Fury
*Fruit'Y
*Irides: Master of Blocks
*Inhabitants
*Maqiupai
*Wind & Water: Puzzle Battles
*Zia & the Goddesses of Magic

Also, we do carry three of the NGDev Team games, but unfortunately they are on back order until Dec/Jan.

We are currently working on stocking two more Dreamcast games at the moment though. One from an already known and established Indie company and one the hasn't even been publicly announced yet, but that's all I can say about that one at the moment :mrgreen: .

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#10 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:27 am

Tease! So exciting!