im devastated.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Bigboyzs
dark night
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy online Only

im devastated.

Post by Bigboyzs »

Hi guys,

I've met plenty of you guys online and a great time. Today is sad. I know what happen, and I accepted a weapon that now made me fail "legit check" im super disappointed. Im now going to rebuild my character from scratch again.
Last edited by Bigboyzs on Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ch0pzta
GD-ROM

Re: im devastated.

Post by ch0pzta »

WTF?! Who?

I dont get it, if you fail a "legit check" is your character banned?

Ive started a new completely different character (Force) on another VMU but im having trouble getting it to save on the fly, dodgy 3rd party VMU i suspect.

We can level up together!
Current online Dreamcast games:
Quake 3 Arena - -ch0pzta>
Phantasy Star Online (Version 2) - ch0pzta - HUmar - YELLOWBOZE Lv60-odd

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO, AFO, PBA, 4x4 Evo, IGP, Planet Ring and Max Pool

Post by Bob Dobbs »

I have never encountered this in PSO, how did this happen and what server/ship were you on?

ch0pzta, I strongly recommend using an official VMU being I have had issues with a 3rd party VMU.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Aleron Ives
Outrun
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy Star Online
Phantasy Star Online Ver.2

Post by Aleron Ives »

@ Bigboyzs

There are many reasons for someone to fail the legit check, including bugs with the server, so you should certainly not restart your character just because one of your items didn't pass. It is a fallible feature, after all, and you can just throw away the offending item if it turns out to be truly hacked. Some rewards from new quests may also fail the check, but that doesn't mean they're hacked items; Sega just didn't allow you to get items with those specific stats. If you don't know which of your items failed the check, I or one of the other staff members can figure it out with you.

@ ch0pzta

It's quite common for people to have problems with unofficial memory cards and PSO. This is likely due to the fact that PSO saves far more often than most games do, and unofficial cards probably use flash memory of lower quality than the type Sega used in its official cards. As such, the memory in unofficial cards may wear out or suffer write errors that cause the frequent corruptions they're known for having. I would also strongly recommend against using unofficial memory cards with PSO; even PSO GC has this same problem, so it's not unique to the Dreamcast and is rather serious.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

Bigboyzs
dark night
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy online Only

Post by Bigboyzs »

Aleron Ives you've been awesome. I deleted one the day of it happen. I got an item in my bank I still need to delete I hope this fixes it. I run legit mode as much as I can.

Thanks you so much. Ill delete this thread.

Aleron Ives
Outrun
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy Star Online
Phantasy Star Online Ver.2

Post by Aleron Ives »

Are you sure it's the offending item? You can tell by putting it in your bank and seeing if legit mode works, or if you want to be sure, put everything in your bank, turn legit mode on, and withdraw your items one by one. When you take something that fails the check, you'll get disconnected with a message saying you withdrew an item that failed the check. If you're not sure it's hacked, it would be helpful if you could report what the item was and its exact stats so we can know if the legit checker is working correctly. If you don't know which item caused the problem, I can go through your items to determine which one was the culprit; don't just throw your stuff away hoping you found the problem (especially if it's a server-side problem, which has been known to happen). :o
"Fear the HUnewearl."

NiGHTS&Sonic
shadow
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy Star Online US Ver. 2

Post by NiGHTS&Sonic »

Oh no! That certanly is not a fun situation you've been placed in, and I am sorry it happend to you.

I don't think you should start over though! I have failed Legit check before. (Don't ask me how I mean I've been told I;m pretty legit.) And people were there to help me through it.
Also did you make a backup character? They're very useful if something TERRIBLE happens Online.

Regardless, I hope you're able to fix everything because I haven't seen you online and have been going it alone thease past few days.
Current Dreamcast games I play Online:

Phantasy Star Online US Ver 2 NiGHTS&Sonic - HUmar - Lv. 42 WHITILL