Is there anybody Out There?

Moderator: pcwzrd13

resident_biohazard
shadow

Is there anybody Out There?

Post#1 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:03 am

HEY! I just got a BBA and PSO ver2 ntsc u brand new GDrom. Im dying to play. Also, i cant get the patcher disc to work at all. Any help. thx alot! I hope we can play SOON!

BlueCrab
Developer

Re: Is there anybody Out There?

Post#2 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:18 pm

How are you trying to burn the patcher disc? Are you using the image posted on the Sylverant website (or from somewhere else), or are you using the plain files posted on the Sylverant website?

resident_biohazard
shadow

Post#3 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:13 pm

I used the .cdi image from sylverant and from PSO Palalce. both did not work. I have been bring lots of DC stuff lately and that stuff all works. but i cant get the pso boot disc to work. Do I need to use a boot disc for the PSO boot disc? Also, I am using new retail ntsc u PSO ver2, Can i use the codebreaker method instead, or?

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#4 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:51 pm

You can use CB, although it takes longer to start the game that way (and requires an extra VMU to save the codes). Are you burning the CDI with ImgBurn?
"Fear the HUnewearl."

resident_biohazard
shadow

Post#5 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:36 am

Yes, i am using Imgburn wih cdi files. I have burned 100s of discs before with no problem. My system is NTSC U not sure if that maters. the disc comes up in DC as a music cd. thx..

resident_biohazard
shadow

Post#6 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:39 am

Your, newest Enhanced Edition disc of PSO v2 does work. But, i cant get it online, just in offline mode. Is it easier to use that disc instead of original? thx

resident_biohazard
shadow

Post#7 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:18 am

OK IM ONLINE!!!!! It worked with your rip of pso not the boot disc. Your autoboot one works good for now, im just worried about losing my items in the ripped one. THANK THANK THANK YOU YOUY OU

68k-dude
dark night

Post#8 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:01 am

Hi resident_biohazard,

Yes, the Sylverant boot disc should Display the SEGA splash screen and boot to a screen asking for a GD-ROM. Then you put in your game disc and It will detect the version you have. I have a Ver.2 EU so it gives me an option to start with patches all applied or without the Battle stage music patch. Press start and it loads the game.

If you are getting straight to the Dreamcast Option screen (Play , File, Music and Settings) then the burn is somehow in question. I use Disc Juggler to burn my discs. I have had some discs that refuse to boot sometimes and go to the Dreamcast menu screen. There have been several causes for this and they all relate to the disc not being read properly. Dirty discs, scratches, dust on the laser lens, dust between the laser and the focus lens, etc etc.

If you are going to use an unofficial game disc be aware that you may experience resets and or lockups during game play. Sometimes even affecting others. Recently a new player was using a burned game disc which caused my Dreamcast to sometimes lockup and reset when he joined my games. I lost my Meseta (Game money) when this happened.

The best way I have found to play this game is to use the Sylverant patcher disc with a legitimate Ver.2 GD-ROM.

Sorry for the long post and I hope to see you Live at 5

Take care

PSO Character:

Kasworon - lvl 142 HUmar - GC# 13874

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#9 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:38 pm

Yeah like 68kdude said, you're going to run into a lot of issues using a burnt disc. The game will freeze every time someone joins which gets very frustrating (especially considering you lose all your items every time this happens). I would try using a different burning program to burn the patcher. Personally I use Alcohol 120% with the RAW DAO write method and the lowest burn speed.
Last edited by pcwzrd13 on Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

BlueCrab
Developer

Post#10 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:22 pm

I don't see it mentioned anywhere else in here, but the patcher disc will not patch CD-R copies of the game. There's a couple of different reasons for that (which I'd rather not go into here).

I highly recommend using an original GD-ROM with the Patcher disc to play online for all the reasons others have already outlined up above. I've never personally used the image posted on the Sylverant site (which should be the same as that on PSO Palace, since Ives made the image), but I know that it works just fine when I burn the plain files with something like BootDreams.

Return to “Phantasy Star Online”