Online on a PC-DC Server, Possible?

Moderator: pcwzrd13

konio38
undertow

Online on a PC-DC Server, Possible?

Post#1 » Sat May 19, 2012 8:41 am

Hi there guys, i have a PAL copy of quake 3 arena, and i have a pc-dc server that i have mainly used for PSO, but i would like to tryout quake 3, so is it possible, to play online on a pc-dc server? i know that the master server is now offline and that the only way to play online is to manually input the Server IP, i also know that that option is only available for people who use a BBA but is there an alternative way for my setup?

Thank you in advance

Jenkins
MicroMidget

Re: Online on a PC-DC Server, Possible?

Post#2 » Sat May 19, 2012 5:44 pm

The PAL copy of Quake III Arena requires a connection to the Dreamarena server, which went offline in 2003. Get a US copy of this game and there might be no problem to connect to a specific IP/server, afaik.

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Re: Online on a PC-DC Server, Possible?

Post#3 » Sun May 20, 2012 5:19 am

PC-DC will work but its a bit jittery. You will need to fake the dial tone or swap with a live phone line to connect because blind dial does not work. Also, the official master server is down, but dreamcast-talk hosts its own master server. You can download the autoconnect disc here: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=257
BTW both bba and dial-up users can manually enter ip addresses. The problem is dreamcast-talk game servers are hosted on a dynamic ip address so it changes often therefore it is best to just connect from our master server so you dont need the ip address.

To see which servers are online and if people are playing go here:
http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/q3master.php

You can also see statistics for all in-game activity on our servers here:
q3stats.php
Regards,
brourke228