Fragging Friday Every Friday Always!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Re: Fragging Friday Every Friday 4/14/17

Post#1021 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:23 pm

We've got a full server! Jumping on a 2nd server.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#1022 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:05 pm

Is that the quirks of ball mice er .. it just grabs .. after I cut cam off even 90/45 degree turns it'll refuse .. moving left much less willingly

Seems like it wants to cooperate if I juggle it side to side a bunch .. just don't know why it's so finnicky

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#1023 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:07 pm

clean the dead skin off the rollers..

TacT
Uber

Post#1024 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:16 pm

also you can try opening up the mouse to see if there is a hair or something inside the rollers / sensors getting in the way, also i remember wrapping a small piece of clear tape evenly around the wheels for better grip and it stays cleaner longer =)

it's still thinking.

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#1025 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:23 pm

i clean mine just before or just after every session.. :)

BLueSS
dark night

Post#1026 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:18 am

So I don't have a true DC keyboard but one of the PS/2 to DC convertors. I fired up Q3 to give it a spin with my mouse/keyboard but quickly found out that my keyboard does not support multi-presses at the same time. I have to stop going forward (release w) before I can go sideways (press a, d, or w).

Is that normal for Q3? Or is it a symptom of my keyboard convertor? I tried searching the forums for "quake arena" to see what threads I could find but it complained that those are too-common of words. I wasn't sure this warranted a new thread of it's own. Thanks

TacT
Uber

Post#1027 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:33 pm

I'll see you all on quake tonight! =)

BLueSS wrote:So I don't have a true DC keyboard but one of the PS/2 to DC convertors. I fired up Q3 to give it a spin with my mouse/keyboard but quickly found out that my keyboard does not support multi-presses at the same time. I have to stop going forward (release w) before I can go sideways (press a, d, or w).

Is that normal for Q3? Or is it a symptom of my keyboard convertor? I tried searching the forums for "quake arena" to see what threads I could find but it complained that those are too-common of words. I wasn't sure this warranted a new thread of it's own. Thanks

I think its that total 5 adapter with some games and does that with only most of the keys on the keyboard its weird, I never bothered to mess with it. The adapter is good for mice if you can find a basic optical mouse or even Some old wireless ones will work =)

it's still thinking.

BLueSS
dark night

Post#1028 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:16 pm

TacT wrote:I think its that total 5 adapter with some games and does that with only most of the keys on the keyboard its weird, I never bothered to mess with it. The adapter is good for mice if you can find a basic optical mouse or even Some old wireless ones will work =)

I own a DC official mouse already, so I'm good there. :)

My keyboard adapter is the Innovation keyboard/Saturn/PS1 controller adapter. This is the one that I cannot hold two keys at the same time with.
s-l1600.jpg

Does the official DC keyboard allow multi-presses? or are other keyboard adapters known to be working with multipresses?

Seems mine is only good for chat in games. :(

TacT
Uber

Re: Fragging Friday Every Friday 4/21/17

Post#1029 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:01 pm

The official keyboard works great. I'll have to mess with it more.

Getting on quake now! =)

it's still thinking.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Re: Fragging Friday Every Friday 4/21/17

Post#1030 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:07 pm

Be on in about 15-20 mins...about to eat dinner.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs