DCTalk Master List Info

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Cornerb0y
stalker

DCTalk Master List Info

Post#1 » Wed May 27, 2015 6:08 pm

Seeing as me, as well as others have an issue with having the master list show, I wanted to do a "explain it like I'm 5" sort of deal. So here are my questions:

1. Since I have a BBA, I just have the primary entered (173.69.38.20 with no port as I can't enter it in the LAN account screen), when I connect, should the entire list from the dc-talk servers show? For the record, I can connect and the list shows up blank, but if I goto the more section, I can enter in server info and connect to a game.

2. I have XPA, do I need to change any of the settings on that?

3. With the 2 questions above, if someone could go into extensive info, could someone make a video for others to dissolve confusion?

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Re: DCTalk Master List Info

Post#2 » Wed May 27, 2015 6:41 pm

All you need to do is set that IP address (173.69.38.20) as your DNS in the Quake III Arena connection settings and the master list should show up. It's really that simple. I'm not really sure why it wouldn't show up as long as you've done that.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Re: DCTalk Master List Info

Post#3 » Wed May 27, 2015 11:20 pm

I have never seen a master list pop up (other than no servers found message) even though my DNS is set up correctly with my BBA. Radkin and Ironman have the same issue with their BBA. We always Skype each other to manually type in the IP addy upon connecting to the internet.

Ironically, my dial-up does see a master list.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs