Help on connecting to Aline front Online

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Xiden
Developer

Re: Help on connecting to Aline front Online

Post#11 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:44 pm

itsthinkingstill wrote:got it working :)

Do u mind sharing your solution :)

superman200x
undertow

Post#12 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:10 am

Yeah I still have trouble on my side I already change the dmz. still nothing for me is just a router not a modem.
is it the NAT??

superman200x
undertow

Post#13 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:15 am

also How did you do it itsthinkingstill Been trying to get it to work for a week lol

Shuouma
Developer

Post#14 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:03 pm

Wait itsthinkingstill got it working? hallelujah moment

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#15 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:21 pm

I tried a different things at once so i cant 100% confirm this but on the main firewall page it allows you to set a port for Pinhole timeout, so i put afo's udp in and and i think that did the trick.

superman200x
undertow

Post#16 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:51 am

Cool man was out of town I will try it man and will let you guys know if it works guys thanks man

superman200x
undertow

Post#17 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:47 pm

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! I figured it out super cool who is down to play today or another day Now to look for people to play it so happy I could play this game

Saiga GeneCast
dark night

Post#18 » Fri May 12, 2017 10:32 pm

Hi all, I was wondering if you guys can help me with this issue.
When I try to connect to Alien Front Online I have some sort of weird disconnection.
I get to the dial up screen and it says that I am connected to the internet (With the 3360 baud sign). Then, when I get to the lobby, it pulls this message "Collecting Game Information...". The message stays on and after a while, I get disconnected from the game.

Another example is when I am trying to use planetweb. I get on the main screen and click the red telephone. After a while a message says that the modems are connected. The red telephone turns into green. Then, I go to click on the google sign and it can never load the website up.

I would extremely appreciate it if someone can help me resolve this issue.
:)

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#19 » Sat May 13, 2017 2:22 pm

Saiga GeneCast wrote:Hi all, I was wondering if you guys can help me with this issue.
When I try to connect to Alien Front Online I have some sort of weird disconnection.
I get to the dial up screen and it says that I am connected to the internet (With the 3360 baud sign). Then, when I get to the lobby, it pulls this message "Collecting Game Information...". The message stays on and after a while, I get disconnected from the game.

Another example is when I am trying to use planetweb. I get on the main screen and click the red telephone. After a while a message says that the modems are connected. The red telephone turns into green. Then, I go to click on the google sign and it can never load the website up.

I would extremely appreciate it if someone can help me resolve this issue.
:)

You need to Port forward or dmz your router
guide here http://www.dreamcastlive.net/connection-guide.html

Saiga GeneCast
dark night

Post#20 » Sun May 14, 2017 6:57 pm

I already did. It does not solve the problem though. I think it simply has to do with the range of the WiFi signal of the raspberry pi 3.

The reason I say this is because as soon as I went back to using Ethernet, the problem goes away.

I can't believe how much the WiFi range of the raspberry pi 3 sucks.