Dreamcast Now Android app

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

tmjwid
Anarki

Re: RE: Re: Dreamcast Now Android app

Post#11 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:32 pm

TacT wrote:Any versions of this for Real operating systems?

What you wanting?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Jako
Sunday Shootout

Re: Dreamcast Now Android app

Post#12 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:30 pm

Nice update!!!
This week i will start with your source to add things to the image of the interface :-).

How notifications works?
Be Dreamcast My Friend!!!

dreamcast-news
Prince of Persia

Post#13 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:32 am

Why you deleted the options in the 5th february version ?
- Dev - Hacks - Homebrews - Games - Demos -

tmjwid
Anarki

Post#14 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:10 am

dreamcast-news wrote:Why you deleted the options in the 5th february version ?

It's still there, only the bar has vanished from an update to the librarys. I didn't get time to try and put it back so will have a look tonight.

Just swipe from the left side of the screen and it should appear.

tmjwid
Anarki

Post#15 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:17 am

Jako wrote:Nice update!!!
This week i will start with your source to add things to the image of the interface :-).

How notifications works?

Good luck man! Let me know if you need any help

dreamcast-news
Prince of Persia

Post#16 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:02 am

tmjwid wrote:

It's still there, only the bar has vanished from an update to the librarys. I didn't get time to try and put it back so will have a look tonight.

How notifications works?
- Dev - Hacks - Homebrews - Games - Demos -

Raen
Toy Commander

Post#17 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:20 am

tmjwid wrote:
Raen wrote:I know Windows Phone/Mobile doesn't have that much expression on the market, but any plans for a Windows 10 Mobile app? If it is made as a UWP app it will work on PCs, tablets, etc also with Win10. You be very handy indeed.

I'll try and get a build running for you mate but it'll be a wp8.1 app which will run on wm10. Hope that's okay with you and when I get some time I'll try and get wm10 build running.

Thanks for taking my suggestion into consideration :) No problem, it's just that a native UWP W10 app would run also on PCs and tablets for example, so more people would use it without having to resort to the webpage.

DR TEAMCAST
Uber

Post#18 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:50 am

This is really awesome that someone is finally doing this. I've been pestering Kazade to add browser notifications for Chrome

Would there be a way to see a Windows x86 build? Any plans for iOS?

That would be a lot of work, but this I know will greatly expand the community and propel the scope of what the Dreamcast can do passed where it ever got when Sega was in charge

Again bravo for implementing this, it's long overdue. We'll probably see every game server with people online at all times a few months or a year after all the different platforms are completed. This is how we go mainstream
ImageImage
Forum for Dreamcast and Saturn browsers http://bb.dreampipe.net
Media, News, Events and more for your Sega Dreamcast internet browser at http://dreampipe.net

tmjwid
Anarki

Post#19 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:32 am

dreamcast-news wrote:
tmjwid wrote:

How notifications works?

They don't currently, I need to finish the server side to hook into pushing them but everything else is done. They will send you a notification when someone new comes online.

Raen wrote:
tmjwid wrote:
Raen wrote:I know Windows Phone/Mobile doesn't have that much expression on the market, but any plans for a Windows 10 Mobile app? If it is made as a UWP app it will work on PCs, tablets, etc also with Win10. You be very handy indeed.

I'll try and get a build running for you mate but it'll be a wp8.1 app which will run on wm10. Hope that's okay with you and when I get some time I'll try and get wm10 build running.

Thanks for taking my suggestion into consideration :) No problem, it's just that a native UWP W10 app would run also on PCs and tablets for example, so more people would use it without having to resort to the webpage.

The current app is build in xamarin forms, which allows for a shared codebase across WM/WP, Android and IOS. I could also use the shared code to make a UWP build but there would be some serious work needed to keep up with all these different apps plus the backend service that is powering the app atm. It would be better if someone could do these devices, but it would be too time consuming for me to do 5 different versions ui wise :)

I'll try and get the windows phone build running tonight.

DR TEAMCAST wrote:This is really awesome that someone is finally doing this. I've been pestering Kazade to add browser notifications for Chrome

Would there be a way to see a Windows x86 build? Any plans for iOS?

That would be a lot of work, but this I know will greatly expand the community and propel the scope of what the Dreamcast can do passed where it ever got when Sega was in charge

Again bravo for implementing this, it's long overdue. We'll probably see every game server with people online at all times a few months or a year after all the different platforms are completed. This is how we go mainstream

Yeah I feel the same about expanding the community with this, kinda of making a mini Xbox Live is my ambitious goal. Everyone who can help, please do.

DR TEAMCAST
Uber

Post#20 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:27 am

If you add sound effects, add the BIOS 'select' sound effect for push notifications 8-)
ImageImage
Forum for Dreamcast and Saturn browsers http://bb.dreampipe.net
Media, News, Events and more for your Sega Dreamcast internet browser at http://dreampipe.net