Online with psov2

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Online with psov2

Post#1 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:28 am

So I am going to Walmart today to get a blank disc to burn the boot disc for PSO v2 on DC....you are going to think I'm dumb, but I have never burned anything do a disc before other than a few songs when I was in college many years ago. Is there a special blank disc I need? And could someone shoot me the link one more time to the info I need to download in order to play PSO online? One last thing I realize now that bowling wasn't released on DC...is it possible to burn that game? Would I use the same type of blank disc?

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Re: Online with psov2

Post#2 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:34 am

in the downloads section of DCLive you will find (among other things) the PSO patcher and a version of imgburn...

http://www.dreamcastlive.net/downloads.html

any blank CD should work but I think most people try to use the highest quality blank media they can get their hands on just in case..

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#3 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:29 am

Do I download the imgburn and the PSO patcher to the same disc?

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#4 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:34 am

imgburn is for your computer.. its burning software..

install it and use it to burn the patcher.. or any other games like PBA Bowling...

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#5 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:49 am

Ahh thank you

Maliki
lithium

Post#6 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:10 pm

I don't know if they are absolutely needed, but there are a set of drivers for IMG Burn that go with burning games (From what I read a while back at least, and why I got them). I don't know what the actual differences are with or without, can't remember.

You just drop them in the install location.

http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/pc/ ... t-drivers/

To the right of "Rate This Content" is the download button to use. Redirects to FileDrop where it's hosted. 5mb download.
Kurupt FM wif a K like... 108.9 on ya dial u mugz <3

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#7 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:24 pm

i think the one on DC Live has the DC drivers included and comes with instructions how to install it correctly..

been a few months since i did it though..

Maliki
lithium

Post#8 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:15 pm

Okay yes it does have the files for DC

File names are:

pfctoc.dll
pfctoc.h
pfctoc.lib

^_^ And a one click download without any goofy ad's or popups (I'm using an adblocker, but the nature of the sharing sites, I'de imagine the one I posted has tons of ads to cover the cost)
Kurupt FM wif a K like... 108.9 on ya dial u mugz <3