Burning PSO patcher

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Burning PSO patcher

Post#1 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:29 pm

Apparently I am not burning the PSO patcher correctly..my DC is not recognizing it...I used a CD rw which someone told me may not work...I may not have done all steps correctly either

Problem is I don't have a PC..I'm relegated to using my moms PC..and the network at work has blocked the DC talk website among any others like it....

My question is if there is anybody here willing to burn the PSO patcher for me? I am willing to pay..I have PayPal...I've bought and sold numerous times on digitpress site over the years so you can trust me....also interested on the custom webbrowser as well

Thank you guys!

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Re: Burning PSO patcher

Post#2 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:33 pm

The problem is the disc. The Dreamcast won't read a CD-RW. You need a CD-R.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#3 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:40 pm

I thought bobdobbs was taking care of that for you..? didnt you guys work that out last night?

ill send you one out if bob cant or isnt going to do it for you.. I dont need the 90 cents...

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#4 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:48 pm

I pm'd him but I'm sure he's busy like all of us...didn't want him to think I was relying just on him...thank you BTW.

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#5 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:49 pm

Ahh so it is the fact I had CD rw instead

DiZMeX
shadow

Post#6 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:57 pm

Make sure whatever you're using to burn has all the drivers / necessary files to support Dreamcast images too.

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#7 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:04 pm

ok so went back to wlmart and got the cd-r and was able to burn the patcher...i tried it and it worked!! sorry yall had to hear me whine so much about it....but am thrilled to finally be able to play this legendary game online

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#8 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:49 pm

:D congrats!

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#9 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:52 am

Congrats!
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Retro_Rhymer
noob

Post#10 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:47 pm

Hope i'm not thread jacking here but i'm having an issue burning the pso patcher, im using cd-r and imgburn with the proper drivers, I know when I burn volgarr the viking I have to burn the large file version for my console to read the disc. Curious if anyone could help me out?