Can Dreampi connect with Schthack PSO server?

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

SegaShazam
shadow

Can Dreampi connect with Schthack PSO server?

Post#1 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:12 pm

Hello Dreamcast Talk,

This is my first post on this forums so please take it easy on me. I recently pickup PSO for the dreamcast and have already played a few rounds with other players online :D. I used the Sylverant server patcher disk and voila I'm in, but I was wondering if anyone has tried playing on a different server.

I looked online and found Schthack server support Dreamcast and read their connect guide but was not to clear on how to connect thur dial up and thought that I could connect using the dreampi since it is dial up protocol.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Re: Can Dreampi connect with Schthack PSO server?

Post#2 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:04 pm

SCHTACK they want you to dick around with Codebreaker every time it seems

Sylverant boot disc is far more approachable I thinks

SegaShazam
shadow

Post#3 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:43 pm

I tried several times in different ways... and to no avail. I'm not sure but I think they could be a more Nintendocentric/PC PSO community, however I hear that there are GC players on the Sylverant server. Also there probably a lot more going on the background within Dreampi that is beyond my scope, that tinkering with a few setting is not going to help direct to a different server.

Reikuo
shadow

Post#4 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:43 am

Last I heard something with that servers and the PC players on it causes freezing for Dreamcast. The forums for Dreamcast too are in dissaray and pretty much dead.

https://community.schtserv.com/forum/21-pso-dreamcast/

Its basically not a DC compatible server anymore, its far less polished and stable then Sylverant.