Netopia 3300 series modem

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

MunsterDC6
noob

Netopia 3300 series modem

Post#1 » Sat May 06, 2017 6:08 pm

Heya, today I purchased a Netopia 3300 series modem from a goodwill and was wondering if I could use it in any way to get my DC online?

I've read guides but I'm a bit confused and wanted to ask you all so I could understand this better. :D

Here is a link to the modem I have. https://www.toast.net/signup/dsl/datash ... res_ds.pdf

BLueSS
dark night

Re: Netopia 3300 series modem

Post#2 » Sat May 06, 2017 9:22 pm

No, that will not work. It is a DSL/ADSL modem. That is different from a dial-up modem.

There's modems available for purchase here on the site, or from ebay - a Dell USB modem. See this thread for one of the options.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9753&hilit=USB+Powered+Lvi+Modems

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#3 » Sat May 06, 2017 9:47 pm

No, you'll need a Netopia R2000 series router. Most of the later models lack a dial-up modem.

BLueSS wrote:There's modems available for purchase here on the site, or from ebay - a Dell USB modem.

He's looking at the Netopia method, not DreamPi.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

BLueSS
dark night

Post#4 » Sat May 06, 2017 10:01 pm

Oops! My bad. Disregard my post.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

MunsterDC6
noob

Post#5 » Sun May 07, 2017 6:21 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:No, you'll need a Netopia R2000 series router. Most of the later models lack a dial-up modem.

BLueSS wrote:There's modems available for purchase here on the site, or from ebay - a Dell USB modem.

He's looking at the Netopia method, not DreamPi.

Shoot, well hopefully I can find one of those eventually. Things are kinda pricey and dreampi seems a bit confusing.