Online but cannot connect to PSO

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Jonnyrotten69
noob

Online but cannot connect to PSO

Post#1 » Sat May 13, 2017 12:37 pm

Hi everyone, I am really excited to have a Dreamcast again after so many years and joining the online community. I am wondering if someone could help me so I can join you on PSO.
Quake 3, 4x4 Evolution and other games connect online for me no problem. However, when I try to connect to PSO I get past the character creation and serial / access screen, it welcomes me to PSO and then puts me in the lobby with the error message - "You could not be connected to the server. Please check your provider settings..."

I am using a burned cdi copy of the game that loads no problem and have tried the serial and access provided with it and a few others I've found.
I followed the tutorial on setting up the raspberry pi 2 with the web browser and it's all good.
My Bell router seems to be fine and recognizes the dreampi and plays other games online.

Any ideas as to why I cannot get online?

Thanks!

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Re: Online but cannot connect to PSO

Post#2 » Sat May 13, 2017 5:15 pm

If the CDI you're using came with a shared serial, then it's probably an outdated copy that won't work anymore, either because it's connecting to the wrong server or because it doesn't disable the Hunter's Licence check.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#3 » Sat May 13, 2017 5:21 pm

Perhaps yours is dated

Went here ..? Fire up your uTorrent , get the PSO_DC_Ives_Pack_v2.torrent , I am using the IVES_PSOV2_US_R2.cdi and it's perfect

According to readme it's dated April 4, 2015

Jonnyrotten69
noob

Post#4 » Sat May 13, 2017 10:39 pm

Thanks! It worked!

Strik3r91
letterbomb

Post#5 » Sun May 14, 2017 7:25 am

Please add [solved] sign to the topic title
From love, with Russia :)