PC-DC Server Ubuntu + Modem USB 56kb (Quake 3 Arena)

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Draven
undertow

PC-DC Server Ubuntu + Modem USB 56kb (Quake 3 Arena)

Post#1 » Sun May 14, 2017 2:09 am

Hello all.

Now im try to connect to Quake 3 Arena servers, but i dont know how to connect to server.

I change dns on dreamcast and when i try dial-up, the game no connect :S

whats wrong?

Strik3r91
letterbomb

Re: PC-DC Server Ubuntu + Modem USB 56kb (Quake 3 Arena)

Post#2 » Sun May 14, 2017 7:27 am

Whats happening? Can u send a youtube video of whats going on? Any other games work? Web browsers? Ubuntu web browser displays web pages?
From love, with Russia :)

Draven
undertow

Post#3 » Sun May 14, 2017 4:47 pm

when i press internet game, game start dialing... but only for 5 seconds, and said: No dialing tone.

Ryochan7
Teriaaaaa

Post#4 » Sun May 14, 2017 9:28 pm

Looking at your other posts, I see that you have been able to connect to PSO so that eliminates some questions. I am guessing that you do not have anything set up to fake a dial tone and that is probably your problem. Quake 3 Arena is one game that ignores the Blind Dial setting on your Dreamcast and requires a dial tone to be detected on the line in order for the game to attempt to connect. On my Xubuntu PC-DC server, I use an old forked version of the DreamPi script to send out a fake dial tone.

Strik3r91
letterbomb

Post#5 » Mon May 15, 2017 2:22 am

You need to do it on time in Ubuntu :) first i make modem to listen the line, then, when it starts screaming and beeping i click Dial in quake, then when it send the dialup numbers i close the modem line in ubuntu using 'htop' app, and then right away i make modem listen to the line and it connects just fine!
But you need to have speaker in your usb modem to let you know when its time to close and open the line.
From love, with Russia :)

Draven
undertow

Post#6 » Mon May 15, 2017 4:57 am

ajam, ok. I will try. Thanks you guys!! :D