Hosting A Dedicated Server

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

phlux
noob

Hosting A Dedicated Server

Post#1 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:47 pm

Hello everyone.

I'm new to this forum but not to Dreamcast. Over the last couple of weeks, I have begun to build a collection. Most notable purchase as yet, a Dreamcast console itself! Lol

Now what? I've already had my Dreamcast connected to the net. Easy to do on dialup. So where do I go from here?

Well. As far as I know, Quake 3 Arena should operate no different on say, PC as it is on Dreamcast. I've setup a Q3 server before, on Ubuntu, and Win & Mac clients can connect. So why not add Dreamcast clients to the mix??

If my endenvor is possible, I will be willing to host a server for a limited number of players, say e.g 5v5... for free & all for fun. Unreal Tournament should be possible too.

Let me know what you all think. Am I wasting my time, or can it be done?

TiA

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Re: Hosting A Dedicated Server

Post#2 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:46 am

dreamcast Q3A only supports 4 players on a server...

for reasons discussed in other threads here on DCTalk I do not believe UT is possible at this point in time...

1nick9
Anarki

Re: Hosting A Dedicated Server

Post#3 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:46 pm

if wanting to setup a dc q3 server follow this guide.

http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/php ... rsetup.php

also make sure to add the dctalk master list to the config file. if wanting to host more than one server have a google for the properties setting to set port it binds to.

alot of the files are down that it links but check the download section as i've uploaded em to a dropbox and got link there. the linux script is broken with new distros, i was lazy n just decided to do win server instead of trying to fix the install script. maybe a job for another day i'll have a crack at.

did discover dont actually need to install q3 just the pointer1.16n n then copy pak0.pk3 to the baseq3 dir. the old cd version of q3 wont install on my win7 so can just copy the file or get the gog version n then follow that guide, make sure to point the 1.16n installer to the correct dir as gog rls uses diff dir to the original install folder.