Problem with Connecting to Sylverant

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

DreamJester
shadow

Problem with Connecting to Sylverant

Post#1 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:53 am

I've never had this problem until a few months ago, but I have a Dreampi setup that works like a charm, an original copy of PSOv2, and everything worked flawlessly until a little while ago. Basically everything goes the way it's supposed to until after the text "Welcome to the world of PSO" on the dial screen. And then the text fades away as normal and it loads for like 2 seconds and then freezes. I've tried with multiple copies of the game and the other online games work just fine. It's nerve wracking, any advice would be appreciated!

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Re: Problem with Connecting to Sylverant

Post#2 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:50 pm

Before reading, I do not know your set-up, so I can only answer/help based on the info you have provided.

Are you 9v or 18v LVI? A common problem has been the LVI when connection issues occur, not the DreamPi. I have noted that one user had this same problem in which he re-downloaded the DreamPi software and re-installed it on a "new" 8GB SD card. Between these two things, it all worked perfect after that.

So, I recommend re-installing DreamPi on a new SD card (cannot hurt) and testing it on PSO. If this fails, then check your LVI. I personally use TacT's DreamPi modem/LVI mod, being it is a completely tested USB modem with built-in LVI prior to shipping. He guarantees the product.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs