Identifying Dreampi issiue

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Reikuo
shadow

Identifying Dreampi issiue

Post#1 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:31 am

My Dreampi started acting up, on PSO and Quake I can connect all the way through but on Quake it "Scans internet" and says failed to connect to master list. For PSO it dials in, says "Welcome to PSO" and once the lobby loads it says the line has been disconnected. Does this sound like a weakening LVI? I can still use XDP to browse Google so im really not sure whats going on.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Re: Identifying Dreampi issiue

Post#2 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:59 am

PSO:
Well, to note, I have had the same problem with PSO. Ironically, Padre was able to connect. PSO Palace has been down. I do not use my Pi to connect to PSO being it is a different Dreamcast than the one I use PSO on, so I have to use the Netopia method (my BBA will not work with it, I do not know why unless I have to reconfig it). I was able to connect to Max Pool.

I did not test anything else but maybe the BBA is the key for now.

QUAKE 3:
I never get the master list but this is normal with a BBA (which is how I connect now). It is not normal but does happen with the DreamPi...rarely.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Re: Identifying Dreampi issiue

Post#3 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:52 am

Check out my troubleshooting guide here which should help you find the issue. Being able to load a webpage in the browser doesn't necessarily mean everything is working right. Connecting to a game server is a lot less tolerant and more likely to give you an error if something's wrong.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live