Is the Lenovo RD02-D400 Modem Compatible with Dreampi? [YES]

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Is the Lenovo RD02-D400 Modem Compatible with Dreampi? [YES]

Post#1 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:18 am

Hi there,
I live in the UK. I watched PCwzrd13 DeamPi video and sen he used a Lenovo USB modem in it, but I am unsure of his model. Does anyone know if this modem is compatible? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lenovo-USB-Ex ... SwA3dYmL-5

If it is: it would make setting up DreamPi in the UK very cheap and easily available.

Kind regards,

UPDATE: It is compatible
Last edited by Anonymouse on Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

Retrojaner
dark night

Re: Is the Lenovo RD02-D400 Modem Compatible with Dreampi?

Post#2 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:02 am

I bought 3 Linux compatible modems. No one worked (Winmodem).

Not cheap, but compatible with Pi:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B004BU6TH8

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#3 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:40 am

Yes, that's the right one. I didn't mention a model because there's only one. :-) Technically it doesn't even have a model number. RD02-D400 is the model number for the Conexant chipset inside.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#4 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:23 am

pcwzrd13 wrote:Yes, that's the right one. I didn't mention a model because there's only one. :-) Technically it doesn't even have a model number. RD02-D400 is the model number for the Conexant chipset inside.

Excellent. Thank you for the support. Ive bought one, im now on the road to DreamPi :-)
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#5 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:03 am

PCwzrd13 and TacT sell DreamPi modems, that is modems that will have a built-in LVI mod. Better than doing the battery/LVI thing.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#6 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:47 am

Ive got a PAL DC so I need 18v. Ive bought a step up voltage transformer board so ill either make an external USB LVI or see how easy it is to open the USB modem to install it inside. Shouldnt be a problem. I look forward to trying out the DreamPi. Looks great