DC Online Annual Marathon/Celebration?

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Anonymouse
Outtrigger
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO, Quake 3, Toy Racer, Planet Ring, Chu Chu Rocket, 4x4 EVO. AlienFront Online, Worms World Party

DC Online Annual Marathon/Celebration?

Post by Anonymouse »

Has anyone thought of a DC online annual marathon?

It could be a specific date per year where we all get together and try to be online that day as much as possible to celebrate the Dreamcast and the revival of the online games.

Imagine a day where there is lots of player online, Online game lobbies busy, like years past.

Maybe when Dreamcast Now! becomes more sophisticated we could give awards for most time spent online during that day for 'X' amount of games, competitions for individual games, most time spent online over the year, and other related awards.

There could be a possibility for people to organise a LAN style event on that day in there area where there are a few dreamcasts+Pis connected online and for players to battle it out.

This is something I would be really interested in. It could help advertise the Dreamcast more and bring many of the casual DC online gamers out of the wood works for that day.
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart
Anonymouse
Outtrigger
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO, Quake 3, Toy Racer, Planet Ring, Chu Chu Rocket, 4x4 EVO. AlienFront Online, Worms World Party

Re: DC Online Annual Marathon/Celebration?

Post by Anonymouse »

I thought this would be of interest to people?
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart
dave_van_damn
Graffiti Grind

Post by dave_van_damn »

I'm not online as much as I'd like to be these days (cursed time zones!) but I'd be keen for this!
aka DavidHK on DC games.
Roareye
Rank 9
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Chu Chu Rocket, Quake 3, Monaco GP 2, PSO, Planet Ring, Toy Racer, Worms World Party

Post by Roareye »

Sounds great in theory, choosing a day and time that suits most people will be a pain in the rectum. However once it's chosen, it's just getting the good folks to agree to attend, physically or digitally.
Vill22
core
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Toy Racer

Post by Vill22 »

Count me in for sure.
Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post by Anonymouse »

Maybe 09/09/18 for the official online marathon day? - Seems fitting.
NeoSnk
Outtrigger
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy Star Online, Quake 3, Monaco Grand Prix, Planet Ring, Alien front online

Post by NeoSnk »

I'm in, count on me!
For tutorials and homebrews access Titan Game Studios: https://titangamestudioscom.wordpress.com/
For interviews and gameplay support me on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/@NaiAdventure/featured
The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Quake, PSO, ChuChu Rocket, 4x4 Evo, Max Pool, AFO, PBA bowling, Monaca, Ooga Booga, Tetris, POD.

Post by The-Amazing-Mr_V »

I would try and make it online for the day.
HuntrRose
Vagabond
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Maximum Pool
PSO
Alien Front Online
Q3A
WSB 2K2
POD
Ooga Booga
4x4 Evo
ChuChu Rocket
NBA 2K1
NFL 2K1

Post by HuntrRose »

9-9-18 is a sunday.. thats good...