Shenmue Passport Is Back Online!!

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

OpossumQueen
shadow

Re: Shenmue Passport Is Back Online!!

Post by OpossumQueen »

Xiden wrote:
OpossumQueen wrote:
Xiden wrote:
Can you upload your shenmue save for me to test? Goto this site with your dreamcast webbrowser
http://katana.cyou/uploader.php
Thanks for the settings pics, those are helpful! Unfortunately, after a fresh flash and copying your settings exactly (aside from the 'real name') it's still doing the same thing--half a second of dialing, then 'could not connect to the access point. your line may be jammed, engaged, or your telephone line may be disconnected.' I uploaded the SHENMU_1.VMS to that link, I'm not sure if it'll really help since the issue persisted even on a fresh save, but I'm curious if you do find anything! Thanks so much for all the assistance, either way.
So instead of using XDP browser can you use the offical dreamcast planetweb 2.0 disc to setup after flashing (sorry to ask)
No need to apologize, I'll take any ideas I can get! I'll search out a cdi of the 2.0 disc to burn and see what happens
Xiden
Developer
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All the DC games!!

Post by Xiden »

OpossumQueen wrote:
Xiden wrote:
OpossumQueen wrote:
Thanks for the settings pics, those are helpful! Unfortunately, after a fresh flash and copying your settings exactly (aside from the 'real name') it's still doing the same thing--half a second of dialing, then 'could not connect to the access point. your line may be jammed, engaged, or your telephone line may be disconnected.' I uploaded the SHENMU_1.VMS to that link, I'm not sure if it'll really help since the issue persisted even on a fresh save, but I'm curious if you do find anything! Thanks so much for all the assistance, either way.
So instead of using XDP browser can you use the offical dreamcast planetweb 2.0 disc to setup after flashing (sorry to ask)
No need to apologize, I'll take any ideas I can get! I'll search out a cdi of the 2.0 disc to burn and see what happens
Its not a bad file issue, loaded the uploaded one and worked :)
OpossumQueen
shadow

Post by OpossumQueen »

Xiden wrote:
OpossumQueen wrote:
Xiden wrote:
Appreciate that confirmation at least! I can't figure out what else it could be, I've only ever setup my settings through XDP and done it the same way each time, but I'm crossin my fingers that you may have the right idea there, cuz it's clearly not a physical hardware problem since other games connect, nor is it one with the pi OR the save, but flashing the DC memory isn't helpin either. I'll have to find non-custom planetweb and see if that (or maybe a cdi of the Passport in case it's a disc issue?) helps!
Xiden
Developer
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All the DC games!!

Post by Xiden »

OpossumQueen wrote:
Xiden wrote:
OpossumQueen wrote:
Appreciate that confirmation at least! I can't figure out what else it could be, I've only ever setup my settings through XDP and done it the same way each time, but I'm crossin my fingers that you may have the right idea there, cuz it's clearly not a physical hardware problem since other games connect, nor is it one with the pi OR the save, but flashing the DC memory isn't helpin either. I'll have to find non-custom planetweb and see if that (or maybe a cdi of the Passport in case it's a disc issue?) helps!
Have you tried setting up via the XDP DreamPassport Browser by chance? Its the first option when XDP first opens. Just another thing to try.

Also here's a link to .CDI Web Browsers for Dreamcast https://www.dreamcast-talk.com/forum/vi ... 22&t=13092 look for DreamWeb WebBrowser Collection in the Original Post
OpossumQueen
shadow

Post by OpossumQueen »

Xiden wrote:
OpossumQueen wrote:
Xiden wrote:
Have you tried setting up via the XDP DreamPassport Browser by chance? Its the first option when XDP first opens. Just another thing to try.

Also here's a link to .CDI Web Browsers for Dreamcast https://www.dreamcast-talk.com/forum/vi ... 22&t=13092 look for DreamWeb WebBrowser Collection in the Original Post
Sorry for disappearing for awhile, life got super busy--I have a gdemu now and tried your idea of setting it up with Web Browser 2.0, as the XDP Dreams initial setup AND the XDP Custom PlanetWeb 2.6x both resulted in the same issue, which is strange because that's also how I set things up before when it worked just fine. BUT!!! After a reflash and a setup with standard Web Browser 2.0, it worked again! So if anyone else is having this same issue, that really may be the solution. Thanks so much!