Problem using static IP address

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Orange Heart
shadow
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO and Quake 3

Re: Problem using static IP address

Post by Orange Heart »

I see, so in that case it shouldn't really matter that it's using the .98 ip.
I'll give that a look at, what's weird is that its an issue that suddenly appeared though, it was working perfectly a few months back, and I've changed nothing since so it's bizarre.
pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them! I'm able to connect with dial-up or broadband.

Re: Problem using static IP address

Post by pcwzrd13 »

SEGA RPG FAN wrote:It wants to use .98 by design. It's so you have a predictable IP address to port forward to.

He's referring to the Pi, not the Dreamcast. The Pi shouldn't have the .98 IP.

Orange Heart wrote:Edit: So at this point I feel like it's a router issue, while I set the DHCP range, and I restarted everything on the network, the dreampi still defaults back to the .98 ip regardless, even though its not within the range

Yeah that's strange. I just tested this with my own router, starting the DHCP range at .99 and after restarting my Pi, the IP changed from .5 to .101. So it should work.

You can try using this command on the Pi to renew the IP: sudo dhclient -v -r eth0 or sudo dhclient -v -r wlan0 if you're using Wi-Fi.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live