Daytona USA Is Back Online!

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Spleet
minority
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Worms World Party, Quake 3, 4x4 Evo, Chu Chu Rocket, StarLancer, POD SpeedZone, Bomberman Online*

Re: Daytona USA Is Back Online!

Post by Spleet »

OlivusPrime wrote:Unfortunately there were probably more disconnects I experienced than races tonight, but whenever I got through to a race it was excellent!

Was trying to figure out the whole time if the issues might be due to region or number of players. I don't think I managed to get into a 4 player race. I seemed to have more luck connecting to European players, but I did manage to connect to a couple of American players.
Can you describe your "disconnect"? Was it a hang in the game lobby on the 'starting race' message? Was it a black screen with white text stating "please wait while race loads"? I'm trying to troubleshoot my issues and can't really tell whether it's on my end or not.

I was unable to connect to a team due to the host being "unstable" on one occasion. On another occasion
I was host and started a race but was hung up on a "please wait for race to start" screen, then a fail to server lobby. My assumption was that my network settings are the culprit, but your description has me questioning this.

OlivusPrime
dirty sailor
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Alien Front
ChuChu Rocket
Daytona USA
F355 Challenge
Maximum Pool
POD 2
Quake III
Racing Sim 2
Worms

Post by OlivusPrime »

Spleet wrote:
OlivusPrime wrote:Unfortunately there were probably more disconnects I experienced than races tonight, but whenever I got through to a race it was excellent!

Was trying to figure out the whole time if the issues might be due to region or number of players. I don't think I managed to get into a 4 player race. I seemed to have more luck connecting to European players, but I did manage to connect to a couple of American players.
Can you describe your "disconnect"? Was it a hang in the game lobby on the 'starting race' message? Was it a black screen with white text stating "please wait while race loads"? I'm trying to troubleshoot my issues and can't really tell whether it's on my end or not.

I was unable to connect to a team due to the host being "unstable" on one occasion. On another occasion
I was host and started a race but was hung up on a "please wait for race to start" screen, then a fail to server lobby. My assumption was that my network settings are the culprit, but your description has me questioning this.
The vast majority of the time, the problem was down to the "race connection has been lost" message after waiting for the race to start. I also had the "unstable" message when trying to join a team a couple of times (same team both times I believe). If you encountered the same behaviour, I imagine your network settings aren't to blame.

Spleet
minority
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Worms World Party, Quake 3, 4x4 Evo, Chu Chu Rocket, StarLancer, POD SpeedZone, Bomberman Online*

Post by Spleet »

OlivusPrime wrote:
The vast majority of the time, the problem was down to the "race connection has been lost" message after waiting for the race to start. I also had the "unstable" message when trying to join a team a couple of times (same team both times I believe). If you encountered the same behaviour, I imagine your network settings aren't to blame.
Every time I thought it was good to go, it would hang while waiting for the race to start and fail to the lobby. I can't remember the message, but it was a long wait time before failing. Then there's a neat looking blue/rainbow "PLEASE WAIT" screen, then back to lobby. After trying a few times I felt bad for wasting others' time, since it seemed like they were able to race just fine.

tak2788
undertow

Post by tak2788 »

tak2788 wrote:Hey guys i just installed the new version of dreampi to play daytona online but when i click on either the battle mode or homepage on the tittle screen it just takes me back out to the main dreamcast menu. any ideas why?
Are you using a burnt copy of the game? I imagine some of the images out there must have had the homepage and online components stripped out to fit the game onto a CD-R. That having been said, my copy tends to sometimes kick me back to the system menu when I quit to the main menu - are you running an NTSC copy on a PAL console like I am?
I am playing a burnt disc but on a north american console

tak2788
undertow

Post by tak2788 »

Both are NTSC

Sonic1994DC
Nemesis
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO Ver.2, Driving Strikers, ClassiCube, POD SpeedZone, Maximum Pool, Alien Front Online

Post by Sonic1994DC »

moon.sarito1 wrote:It's pretty cool to see new Dreamcast games coming back online, I hope Bomberman Online can be next soon, it's one of the games that stand out to me the most on the Dreamcast.
Same here :lol:

OatBob
MegaDeath

Post by OatBob »

Can we have a Git release of the updated script that enables this game? I'm trying to build my own image from scratch.

I'm currently adding the eaudunord / Netlink 4.3 tunneling software, but that involves replacing some files. That method is OK for the short term, but may lead to conflict as other features are added. Is a merge planned for the future between the projects?
shinjitsunayu.me/ - web content for DC.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post by Ian Micheal »

tak2788 wrote:Both are NTSC
Most of the cracked releases have the online removed and the homepage because it was useless to have on it

Vill22
core
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Toy Racer

Post by Vill22 »

tak2788 wrote:

tak2788 wrote:Hey guys i just installed the new version of dreampi to play daytona online but when i click on either the battle mode or homepage on the tittle screen it just takes me back out to the main dreamcast menu. any ideas why?
Are you using a burnt copy of the game? I imagine some of the images out there must have had the homepage and online components stripped out to fit the game onto a CD-R. That having been said, my copy tends to sometimes kick me back to the system menu when I quit to the main menu - are you running an NTSC copy on a PAL console like I am?
I am playing a burnt disc but on a north american console
Out of interest, where did you grab the CDI file to burn the disc?

If it was one which had the online stripped out, at least we can eliminate any future issues that people might have.

mickschen
core
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All :-P

Post by mickschen »

edit:

nothing helpfull ^^ :D
Last edited by mickschen on Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.