DMZ with Comcast (xfinity)

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Spleet
minority
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Worms World Party, Quake 3, 4x4 Evo, Chu Chu Rocket, StarLancer, POD SpeedZone, Bomberman Online*

Re: DMZ with Comcast (xfinity)

Post by Spleet »

I had a feeling. This means I must be having serious bad luck with Daytona failing to load after starting a race? Several failed attempts, but it could just be a fickle apparatus.
Xiden
Developer
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All the DC games!!

Post by Xiden »

Spleet wrote:I had a feeling. This means I must be having serious bad luck with Daytona failing to load after starting a race? Several failed attempts, but it could just be a fickle apparatus.
If you can create a new game in afo and start the match and it doesn't kick you out then your dmz is good. Daytona seems to be pretty lag sensitive, are you conneted via ethernet with dreampi? Also try swapping who hosts a game to see if thay helps.
Spleet
minority
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Worms World Party, Quake 3, 4x4 Evo, Chu Chu Rocket, StarLancer, POD SpeedZone, Bomberman Online*

Post by Spleet »

I am always on ethernet, and it was the same two other players with every attempt. Sometimes my name would not appear on the player list once in a team lobby. Upon leaving the team, a different player would become host and when I reenter I was visible, but on race start it would hang for several minutes and return to the main server lobby. I think I just need to keep trying and find which players offer me the best chance at successful start. Patientlce is key.