Driving Strikers Dialing issue w/DreamPi

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

manksalot
Fancy Pants Admin

Re: Driving Strikers Dialing issue w/DreamPi

Post by manksalot »

I'm having nearly the same problem as galaxygod. I get to "logging in with user" before it fails. I'm using a dreampi that was running 1.7 and then I upgraded to 1.8 to see if it would fix anything. I was able to play the net demo when that went live so I'm really not sure what the problem is. I did try resetting my router but it didn't make a difference for me.
galaxygod
core

Post by galaxygod »

manksalot wrote:I'm having nearly the same problem as galaxygod. I get to "logging in with user" before it fails. I'm using a dreampi that was running 1.7 and then I upgraded to 1.8 to see if it would fix anything. I was able to play the net demo when that went live so I'm really not sure what the problem is. I did try resetting my router but it didn't make a difference for me.
I still haven’t figured anything out either, when you’re trying to connect do you show up on dreamcast now for a couple seconds? It seems to me that it dials in no problem but connecting to reality jump creates the issue. Idk what to even check because I’m able to browse the internet and connect to other games still
redjeff76
Anarki

Post by redjeff76 »

I think you guys should PM Xiden. He is really knowledgeable and has usually helped me out with connection issues. Maybe PM Kazade since I think he created the game. Either of them may have your solution. Sadly what is happening to you guys is above my head and expertise.
galaxygod
core

Post by galaxygod »

I seem to have figured out my problem, at first I wasn’t able to connect without resetting my router, I thought maybe if I did the right port forwarding it would help and at some point I was able to connect with pc to dc without resetting but I couldn’t join matches, so I went back to trying things and noticed that when I was trying to connect, another device was using the .98 ip address, I went all through my house trying to find what it was until I realized it was my DCDigital connecting when I turned on my dreamcast, so I allocated it to a different ip and now I’m able to connect to driving strikers without resetting my router. I’m not sure about joining games but I can host online games against ai at least haha
Sonic1994DC
Carnage
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO Ver.2, Quake 3, Maximum Pool, The Next Tetris Online, Worms World Party, Alien Front Online

Post by Sonic1994DC »

redjeff76 wrote:Yeah, now I can connect online on my DreamPi and on my BBA. Now if there were only people to play. I guess I gotta wait for more people to get the game. But at least I can get past the Reality Jump QR Code page now. Thanks
Elseb will be hosting Driving Strikers at 3PM EST, 4PM Brazil Standard, 8PM UK Time. He is going to try to make this a regular thing every Monday. I just played a game this week on Monday with Lozz, DreamcastUK, and DreamcastEnjoyer. Unfortunately Elseb wasn't there to host So we hosted the game. Please play with us this Monday. Will be there ;)