Q3A CUSTOM MAP DREAMCAST ISO IS HERE !

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Holsten
fragger

Re: Q3A CUSTOM MAP DREAMCAST ISO IS HERE !

Post by Holsten »

you guys will love the nice and fun loading pictures provided by the dreamcast community.
Holsten knallt am dollsten.
Mechanic
Vagabond

Post by Mechanic »

Impulse wrote:Congratulations to all you guys who took this and made it happen. I'm really glad this is in the hands of serious Q3 dudes.

I have to apologize for sitting on these maps for years (maybe 6?). To anyone that doesn't know the story, moi posted about his awesome tool to convert Q3 PC maps to DC. I asked him to send me the maps so I could work on implementing for online play via our q3 server. It worked but wasn't straightforward at all and I never had the time to polish it up. iirc PCwzrd, Dobbs and I played some test matches. I should have at least made the server public. Anyways that's my regrets :oops: Sorry to anyone I let down.

I'm really looking forward to trying this
Thankyou for making this happen as well. You let nobody down in fact you proved it worked in a server . This cdi is far from perfect also but hey we try our best. Your name is in the tribute intro and u also have a loading screen with a pic of the brain :)
Italian Stallion
pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them! I'm able to connect with dial-up or broadband.

Post by pcwzrd13 »

Great job everyone involved! Had a fun time testing the custom PC maps with almost Impulse 9 years ago and been waiting for the official release ever since. Still have the test CD-R lying around. :lol:
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live
pairo
shadow

Post by pairo »

I was here! Really exciting stuff - 2024 seems to be shaping great for online Dreamcasting :)
deluxux
Black Mesa

Post by deluxux »

pcwzrd13 wrote:Great job everyone involved! Had a fun time testing the custom PC maps with almost Impulse 9 years ago and been waiting for the official release ever since. Still have the test CD-R lying around. :lol:

lol this is nothing like the CDI you have!
Holsten
fragger

Post by Holsten »

indeed
Holsten knallt am dollsten.
mistamontiel
Shark Patrol
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Errythan except Tetris o.0

Post by mistamontiel »

So it begins waiting waiting for slot 4 to open

Why keyboard not doing nothing? Do I really have to change it from port D?

EDIT: Uh now it works tilde ~ console because managed to join Mech's

Oh man you got three servs going sweet!
deluxux
Black Mesa

Post by deluxux »

What a spectacular Friday fragnite, I had a better experience then the real GDI. I normally have to deal with one or two disconnects a night. This time I had zero issues. Absolutely incredible! This has come so far in the last few weeks and getting the community involved for loading screens is the icing on the cake. Thanks to the creators and the community for the pictures. What a jump start to a game that was just starting to feel stale after all these years. I’m going to try my hand at making my own map one day soon.
Mechanic
Vagabond

Post by Mechanic »

Yo ,thanks guys, Glad everything went smoothly and Deluxux is right, he always would get dced from my normal server but not on the custom maps. AMAZING !
Sorry Moi i was so caught up in the moment I forgot to record this session but ill be sure to record next fragnight.
Italian Stallion
dubcity
Super Sonic

Post by dubcity »

Good job guys