DREAMPI DMZ VERY STRANGE PROBLEM

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

pipporamone
undertow

DREAMPI DMZ VERY STRANGE PROBLEM

Post by pipporamone »

Hi guys

i have a very annoying problem with my Dreamcast connected with DREAMPI.

I have a PI b+ both configured for wired and WIFI connection.

I can connect with no problem both in wifi then with cable (I got 2 green lights and i can surf the internet via browser).

I can also play games that do not require Port Forwarding or DMZ.

I did set up DMZ in my network indeed (192.168.1.98). I verified the DC IP address with an NTSC copy of quake 3 Arena.

This is what happens: when i connect with a game the DMZed IP address AUTOMATICALLY switch in my network from 192.168.1.98 to the one of the PI (verified in my router page). This is very strange and also not good.

The PI address do not change over time (WIFI has one, wired connection another IP for some reason).

I did not find anything online....really hope that someone could help.

Thanks

mickschen
core
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All :-P

Re: DREAMPI DMZ VERY STRANGE PROBLEM

Post by mickschen »

Hi,

its a Router Bug normaly. I and some other Guys with the AVM Fritzbox which have a lot of usefull options and settings, have sometimes this same issues.

Try to reset the Router settings, try to do at first reserv the .98 IP and then do DMZ. Try to reserve the IP for Dreampi too. Serach the setting like "dont give this device an other ip", save the IPs for this Devices i mean!

pipporamone
undertow

Post by pipporamone »

Thanks for the reply

I spoke with my internet provider, for what i understood it looks like the fact that the DC has no MAC address force the concole to take the mac address of the connected device (the PI). I also found a post of at least another person having this problem. Previously i had another internet provider and the DC was showing up perfectly. I cannot reserve .98 as i can reserve only the connected devices that are showing up.

I can reserve actually but i need to specify a MAC

LEODCBR
rebel
Dreamcast Games you play Online: ALL ONLINE GAMES AVAILABLE.

Post by LEODCBR »

Hello guy, your DC will always get dreampi IP.

Well I don't know if this can help you. I really don't understand English very well.
But here, in Brazil, we have some ISPs giving only CGNat IPS.
It's like a IP shared to multiple clients.
it's not an valid IPV4 public.
Then is impossible to DMZ your dreampi.
You can do it on router, but never will work.
Here we need to ask to provider make a procedure called RollBack to Ipv4 Public.
Check with your isp or search on web how to know if you have a IPV4 cgnat or valid ipv4.
Hope it's help you.
Take care dude.
SN CLAN FOUNDER - GOT CLAN LEADER
ONLINE SINCE DECEMBER 2000 ON SEGA DREAMCAST

https://angelfire.com/dc2/quake
https://dreamcastonline.wixsite.com/dcbr

LEODCBR
Also know as GOT-SHADOW? and Sn<$0MBR@>