Alien Front Online Server Update: Now Online

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Xiden
Developer

Re: Alien Front Online Server WIP *Edit: Now Online

Post#311 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:50 pm

Wombat wrote:Thanks for the heads-up Xiden! Hopefully this iptable trick will eventually be included in the dreampi image so I can just plug & play =)

Have been booting up the other online games, so far so good (with the exception of a lack of players unfortuatly)

Edit; so cool, I still have my old AFO savefile with 50+ online games played, during the attract mode it showed old leaderboards. Will upload it later, perhaps it features fellow dc-talk members :)

Yeah its suppose to be included in Dreampi 1.6 :)

wilfrido16
shadow

Post#312 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:13 pm

I have been able to connect from day one but now all of the sudden it doesnt work and just disconnects and says that the server is unavailable. I tried the iptables patch but it doesnt help.

Xiden
Developer

Post#313 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:16 pm

wilfrido16 wrote:I have been able to connect from day one but now all of the sudden it doesnt work and just disconnects and says that the server is unavailable. I tried the iptables patch but it doesnt help.

I had the same issue, double check to make sure you aren't mistyping anything. I made that mistake too.

wilfrido16
shadow

Post#314 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:58 pm

you were right. thanks
i didn't add the two dashes in the IP tables command before the word destination

what is weird is that i never needed this before and have been playing with just dmz on for the dreamcast IP. every other game works fine without anything else required.

Naomi2
noob

Post#315 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:22 am

Hi,
I cannot connect to the AOF server because I always get following message: Experiencing communication problems....

I added the AFO IPTables in Dreampi 1.5. Do you know what the problem is?

Thx in advance,
N2

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#316 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:10 am

ports forwarded.. and or DMZ on for your DC?

Naomi2
noob

Post#317 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:48 am

HuntrRose wrote:ports forwarded.. and or DMZ on for your DC?

Yepp...

N2

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#318 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:13 am

hmm.. I dunno then iptables+ports is all I know to do.. 8(

Shuouma
Developer

Post#319 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:43 am

Naomi2 wrote:I cannot connect to the AOF server because I always get following message: Experiencing communication problems....

That issue occurs when the DC (your router) doesn't accept UDP port 7980. Check if you have
configured your router correctly.

Naomi2
noob

Post#320 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:35 pm

Shuouma wrote:
Naomi2 wrote:I cannot connect to the AOF server because I always get following message: Experiencing communication problems....

That issue occurs when the DC (your router) doesn't accept UDP port 7980. Check if you have
configured your router correctly.

@Shuouma: Thx. But unfortunately my modem/router "is seeing" only the IP address of the Raspberry Pi. I know the Dreamcast IP address (x.x.x.98) but my modem/router not;(

N2