Starlancer Back Online NOW!

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

DocOccult
shadow

Re: Starlancer Back Online NOW!

Post#21 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:05 am

Sorry to bump this old thread. I'm having trouble connecting to Starlancer. I'm using DreamPi 1.5 connected over WiFi. All the other games I've tried so far (PSO, AFO and Chu Chu Rocket) have worked no pronlem, but Starlancer gives me an error connecting to Gamespy. I did a search on the forum and saw a couple other people had a similar problem at various times, but couldn't find if there was a solution for it. Is this a known issue?

Shuouma
Developer

Post#22 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:57 am

Hi

It is known, I have developed a software to fix that issue, it will hopefully be in the next release of dreampi

jial
Developer

Post#23 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:04 am

Hi shuouma, why occurs that? what's the bug? it's curiosity

Thanks!!!

DocOccult
shadow

Post#24 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:12 am

Awesome, thanks Shuouma! Is there a temporary fix I can apply similar to the iptables fix for AFO?

Shuouma
Developer

Post#25 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:52 am

DocOccult wrote:Awesome, thanks Shuouma! Is there a temporary fix I can apply similar to the iptables fix for AFO?

Actually no, it is a software that changes the flags on the TCP packet sent by the gamespy games.
Almost all gamespy games sends there TCP SYN with a PSH flag, some ISP blocks these kinds of
packets because these packets is sometimes involved in TCP SYN attacks.

So my software hooks into IPTables and if it gets a TCP SYN,PSH packet, it will remove
the PSH flag and repackage it.

DocOccult
shadow

Post#26 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:16 pm

Thanks for the extra information. I'm a software developer for a living, but don't have a lot of experience with low level TCP networking. Cool to know.

jial
Developer

Post#27 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:29 pm

thanks shuouma, now I understand that change, thanks

kazade
Developer

Post#28 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:38 pm

1.6 is almost ready, it's being tested but there are some minor issues. Hopefully it'll be out this week!

Thmanx
Anarki

Post#29 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:41 pm

WoWo! great to see DreamPi continually evolving. Thats the full change list for version 1.6?

kazade
Developer

Post#30 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:39 am

It'll include this starlancer fix, AFO fixes and improved modem compatibility. :)