Are PSO and Planet Ring servers down or is it just me?

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Kaizoku ChaosStar
core

Are PSO and Planet Ring servers down or is it just me?

Post#1 » Wed May 13, 2015 1:21 pm

I recently got my Dreamcast connected to the internet and manage to browse in Planet web browser. I use Ubuntu. When I try to connect to the Planet Ring server using the patcher disc it gets past PPP negotiation and then nothing happens for a while until it tells me servers may be down for maintenance.
Same scenario happens in PSO, using the patcher disc corresponding to that game. It gets to password and username sending and gives me server maintenance issue or that I may have problems with my settings. :x

Is this happening to anybody else or is it just my settings that need an overhaul in Ubuntu?

EDIT: So PSO randomly worked the second attempt I tried getting on, though I can't do anything in here. All I see is the lobby board and my character won't spawn. Let's see if same thing goes for Planet Ring. May be that servers just came back up too.
Connection! Hooray!!!

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Re: Are PSO and Planet Ring servers down or is it just me?

Post#2 » Wed May 13, 2015 2:23 pm

The PSO server is operational. Your connection method isn't working properly.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

Kaizoku ChaosStar
core

Post#3 » Wed May 13, 2015 4:56 pm

So only PSO, but not Planet Ring? I managed to get on in the end, but after the loading screen ends after connection had been established I'm taken to the lobby where my character won't spawn and nothing happens when I press the buttons, but the music and animations on screen still plays fine. Do you know what the problem could be. It shouldn't have anything to do with the connection at this point as I got an OK from the server just to get to that point.
Connection! Hooray!!!

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#4 » Wed May 13, 2015 5:46 pm

I have a BBA, so I couldn't play Planet Ring online even if I had it. I would assume that if the server were down that there would be an announcement about it here, though. The fact that your character doesn't appear in PSO means that your connection is broken somehow. I assume since you said that you "use Ubuntu" that you set up a PC-DC link for your modem, which probably means that either Ubuntu itself or the Internet sharing is configured incorrectly.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#5 » Wed May 13, 2015 8:40 pm

Ok, I was able to connect to Q3 just fine via dial-up, but Planet Ring has the same result you had, Kaizoku ChaosStar.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Kaizoku ChaosStar
core

Post#6 » Thu May 14, 2015 9:25 am

That's good to hear Bob.
Connection! Hooray!!!

Impulse
Admin

Post#7 » Thu May 21, 2015 7:10 pm

It's unfortunate the Planet Ring server bugs out quite randomly and it's hard for us to keep on top of that. I'll restart it.
-Impulse

namine207
core

Post#8 » Fri May 22, 2015 11:41 am

Is there any chance that they'll be able to apply stability fixes to the Planet Ring server or are they unsure what's causing the problems? :o It'd be really neat if it was able to be up more often! :)

Impulse
Admin

Post#9 » Tue May 26, 2015 12:13 am

Planet Ring is back online, sorry for the terrible delay. Eventually the planet ring server code will be cleaned up and optimized but for now we I am not sure what the core issues are.
-Impulse