DreamPi 1.1 Released - with Dreamcast Now!

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Dreamcaster
Anarki

Re: DreamPi 1.1 Released - with Dreamcast Now!

Post#61 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:28 pm

DreamPi is compatible only with Raspberry Pi products, or it will work with any other cheaper single board computers? I'm interested in one of this two Orange Pi's.

1 - http://bit.ly/1EPP2oa

2 - http://bit.ly/1TrKpo6

kazade
Developer

Post#62 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:50 pm

I don't know for sure, but I think it might work because the Orange Pi looks compatible with Rasbian - if you do try let me know what the outcome is :)

scaryred24
Sunday Shootout

Post#63 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:08 pm

If that's the case then what about the Banana Pi? I would love to hear if these knockoff are a viable option.
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $2623 ($699 with sales)
  • Games owned: 250
  • Games played: 146 (58%)
  • Hours on record: 1,948.2h

http://www.speedtest.net/result/7087109286Image

Dreamcaster
Anarki

Re: RE: Re: DreamPi 1.1 Released - with Dreamcast Now!

Post#64 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:52 am

kazade wrote:I don't know for sure, but I think it might work because the Orange Pi looks compatible with Rasbian - if you do try let me know what the outcome is :)

Thanks for the anwser. What about all models of Raspberry Pi, it will work with 7 models of R Pi? From the oldest to newest models? I thinking about buying some old 2nd hand RPi, I don't need it to other purposes then DreamPin ;-)

Wysłane z mojego HM 1SW przy użyciu Tapatalka

namine207
core

Post#65 » Sat May 07, 2016 2:59 pm

Attempting to connect using the setup, with the Dell nw147 modem, only one light is on. This is on version 1.3 of the software, when I attempt to run the script with --no-daemon, it says this:
Something went wrong...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./dreampi.py", line 380, in main
return process()
File "./dreampi.py", line 316, in process
modem = Modem(None, dial_tone_enabled)
File "./dreampi.py", line 187, in __init__
self._dial_tone_wav = self._read_dial_tone()
File "./dreampi.py", line 206, in _read_dial_tone
with open(dial_tone_wav, "rb") as f:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/pi/dial-tone.wav'

What can I do to get this setup running? Hoping to maybe participate in the PSO night tonight. :)

scaryred24
Sunday Shootout

Post#66 » Sat May 07, 2016 3:28 pm

namine207 wrote:Attempting to connect using the setup, with the Dell nw147 modem, only one light is on. This is on version 1.3 of the software, when I attempt to run the script with --no-daemon, it says this:
Something went wrong...
return process()

What can I do to get this setup running? Hoping to maybe participate in the PSO night tonight. :)

It sounds like the dummy file needed for the Dreamcast to connect online is missing. What I would have done is to take a generic sound of a phone dial tone from Youtube, strip the audio out of it, upconvert it to a .wav (it will look bloated but it will work), and then place it in that directory under the same name as what it's looking for. It's either that or the MD5 and SH256 hash did not match what it's looking for and that needs to be altered so that it would work which is a good sign that a file or two may be corrupted.

namine207
core

Post#67 » Sat May 07, 2016 3:43 pm

scaryred24 wrote:
namine207 wrote:Attempting to connect using the setup, with the Dell nw147 modem, only one light is on. This is on version 1.3 of the software, when I attempt to run the script with --no-daemon, it says this:
Something went wrong...
return process()

It sounds like the dummy file needed for the Dreamcast to connect online is missing. What I would have done is to take a generic sound of a phone dial tone from Youtube, strip the audio out of it, upconvert it to a .wav (it will look bloated but it will work), and then place it in that directory under the same name as what it's looking for. It's either that or the MD5 and SH256 hash did not match what it's looking for and that needs to be altered so that it would work which is a good sign that a file or two may be corrupted.

Thank you so much for that! I used putty to ssh into it and ran wget to get the file directly from the GitHub page, it then switched to giving me errors about not having permissions, so I chowned two files that it had issues with, and I did get it to connect once but it kept having issues and disconnecting randomly so I took the sd out and am now rewriting the image. It definitely sounds like it was a bad write. XD

scaryred24
Sunday Shootout

Post#68 » Sat May 07, 2016 3:50 pm

namine207 wrote:Thank you so much for that! I used putty to ssh into it and ran wget to get the file directly from the GitHub page, it then switched to giving me errors about not having permissions, so I chowned two files that it had issues with, and I did get it to connect once but it kept having issues and disconnecting randomly so I took the sd out and am now rewriting the image. It definitely sounds like it was a bad write. XD

Just to be on the safe side I would recommend re-downloading the file and to a MD5 and a SHA256 check just to see if there wasn't any packets dropped by your ISP. A download manager would help lower the chances of a possible corrupted .zip file.

EDIT: what program are you using to installing it onto your SD card?

namine207
core

Post#69 » Sat May 07, 2016 4:31 pm

scaryred24 wrote:
namine207 wrote:Thank you so much for that! I used putty to ssh into it and ran wget to get the file directly from the GitHub page, it then switched to giving me errors about not having permissions, so I chowned two files that it had issues with, and I did get it to connect once but it kept having issues and disconnecting randomly so I took the sd out and am now rewriting the image. It definitely sounds like it was a bad write. XD

Just to be on the safe side I would recommend re-downloading the file and to a MD5 and a SHA256 check just to see if there wasn't any packets dropped by your ISP. A download manager would help lower the chances of a possible corrupted .zip file.

EDIT: what program are you using to installing it onto your SD card?

I just redownloaded it, and verified the MD5s, this is the correct file for sure. It's the version 1.3 file from Dreamcast Live. I'm using Win32DiskImager to install it to the SD card, and I'm running on a Pi 3 Model B

Edit: Other interesting thing I've noticed, despite the fact that the pi is definitely connected to my local internet, entering the local ip into DC Now doesn't come up with anything. I've verified that it is the correct IP in both my router and the pi itself.

scaryred24
Sunday Shootout

Post#70 » Sat May 07, 2016 4:40 pm

namine207 wrote:I just redownloaded it, and verified the MD5s, this is the correct file for sure. It's the version 1.3 file from Dreamcast Live. I'm using Win32DiskImager to install it to the SD card, and I'm running on a Pi 3 Model B

Edit: Other interesting thing I've noticed, despite the fact that the pi is definitely connected to my local internet, entering the local ip into DC Now doesn't come up with anything. I've verified that it is the correct IP in both my router and the pi itself.

From the way it sounds you have to be troubleshooting your network now rather than playing PSO tonight. Hopefully someone else can chime in because I don't know jack about your issues you are currently having.