DreamPi 1.1 Released - with Dreamcast Now!

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Neoblast
Developer

Re: DreamPi 1.0 Released!

Post#21 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:31 am

@Kazade, we need to talk. I don't know chat hangouts or something.
I think dreampi could allow for an easier solution to the voip redirection (for dc-pc and dreampi users) problem with planet ring, aaand to also add it to the online now list :)
Nice try you fool! lol BBQ!

kazade
Developer

Re: DreamPi 1.1 Released - with Dreamcast Now!

Post#22 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:57 am

@neoblast if you have an idea how that could work, let me know!

I've just released Dreamcast Now! See the first post!

TacT
Uber

Post#23 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:40 am

This new 1.1 release with Dreamcast Now and the site configuration is amazing! Keep up the great work!
To see who's online what were playing is impressive!
I can't wait to see whats to come =)

it's still thinking.

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#24 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:49 pm

I currently only have a BBA , but plan to buy a PI in the future. But im curious, what sort of configuration is offered in the dreamcast now settings? Ive also noticed sometime when I see a user online it doesnt say what games they are playing, i this a glitch or privacy setting?

Finally I assume its impossible for BBA users to connect to this service correct?

Thanks for al the hard work on this project, its amazing!

Sent from my SCL21 using Tapatalk

noiseredux
Power Stone

Post#25 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:43 pm

I still use landline dialup. But if DreamPis were produced for sale and somehow included all that was needed (line volt simulator) then I'd buy one in a heartbeat for Now! service. But since the landline works for me as it is, I can't see myself trying to solder something together on my own.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#26 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:08 am

Nico0020 wrote:what sort of configuration is offered in the dreamcast now settings? Ive also noticed sometime when I see a user online it doesnt say what games they are playing, i this a glitch or privacy setting?

You can't configure it not to show the game but you can turn it off altogether in the web configuration. You can also set your username and avatar. If it's not showing the game then either it's a glitch or they're online with the web browser or a game that's not recognized by the service.

Nico0020 wrote:Finally I assume its impossible for BBA users to connect to this service correct?

As of right now, it's not possible to use Dreamcast Now with anything but DreamPi.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Impulse
Admin

Post#27 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:30 pm

kazade wrote:I thought I'd update this thread rather than starting a new one. DreamPi 1.1 is now released and this contains the Dreamcast Now! online service. More information here: http://blog.kazade.co.uk/2016/01/dreamp ... eased.html

Original Post:

Just letting everyone know that I've just pushed the 1.0 DreamPi image!

More info here: http://blog.kazade.co.uk/2015/12/dreamp ... eased.html

Nice work on getting that image put together kazade! I finally snagged myself a raspberry pi. The old school pc-dc is such a pain. This will be a blessing.

When it comes to the online list for 'Dreamcast Now!' is there anyway I could link to it/embed it into an element on this website with your permission? I was thinking including it as a side bar or something.
-Impulse

kazade
Developer

Post#28 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:38 am

@impulse This is what dreampipe.net is using: http://dreamcast.online/now/frame/

But if you want me to throw together some custom page for you to iframe in then let me know what you want it to look like and I'll get on it.

Impulse
Admin

Post#29 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:35 am

kazade wrote:@impulse This is what dreampipe.net is using: http://dreamcast.online/now/frame/

But if you want me to throw together some custom page for you to iframe in then let me know what you want it to look like and I'll get on it.

Awesome! I'll PM you. Thanks.
-Impulse

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#30 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:32 pm

If anyone hadnt seen on Kazades blog, he has a patreon for his work. If you can spare it, why not support him and what hes done for us.

He recently posted on DC Junkyard that he is looking into making homemade VS cables and coder cables.

Anyways heres the link to anyone who wants to support him.
https://www.patreon.com/kazade?ty=c

Sent from my SCL21 using Tapatalk