ChuChu Rocket! Is Back Online!

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

TacT
Uber

Re: ChuChu Rocket! Is Back Online!

Post#91 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:55 pm

quake 3 always works great for me, sometimes on some dreamcasts I had trouble web browsers wouldn't save my isp information completely so i used quake to change my dns

it's still thinking.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#92 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:08 pm

TacT wrote:quake 3 always works great for me, sometimes on some dreamcasts I had trouble web browsers wouldn't save my isp information completely so i used quake to change my dns

He's in the UK though and the PAL version doesn't have a way to edit ISP settings.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

ANFIELD_SCOUSE
lithium

Post#93 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:30 pm

pcwzrd13 are you able to edit the number the dreamcast dials using this disc, cheers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xiden
Developer

Post#94 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:34 pm

ANFIELD_SCOUSE wrote:pcwzrd13 are you able to edit the number the dreamcast dials using this disc, cheers?

From what ive read on dreamkey 3.0, you should be able to

EDIT: According to the wiki page, you can on version 3.0

ANFIELD_SCOUSE
lithium

Post#95 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:39 pm

thanks mate [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] found my dreamcast keyboard too!

wilfrido16
shadow

Post#96 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:53 pm

I am having problems connecting the game tells me incorrect password. I connected when the game initially came back online but i dont remember what the user and password was. I thought i could use any and that it wasnt permanent but i guess not. Now my dreamcast always asks for one rather than just letting me create a new one. Also how could the old one be removed from the server if i dont remember it ?

Shuouma
Developer

Post#97 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:00 am

wilfrido16 wrote:Also how could the old one be removed from the server if i dont remember it ?

The ChuChu server actually stores the Dreamcast ID with the username & password. If you PM me
your initial username I can remove it from the database and you can re-register.

wilfrido16
shadow

Post#98 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:31 am

I dont remember what i used other than it probably being my name from my account here on dc-talk. Is it possible to clear the internal memory of my dreamcast and make a new account ? Does the server allow duplicate dreamcast id's with different accounts? If it doesnt that would mean that any dreamcast bought or sold that once played online on your server would never be able to play chuchu again without the initial account details from the first owner. I have more consoles but wanted to keep all the games on one for now.

Retrosanctum99
dark night

Post#99 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:59 am

Shuouma fixed that exact same problem.for.me
Thanks shuouma

Btw chuchu rockets is a great game, i know sega got alot of bad.press about it being the only online game they had out for a.while..but playing it now.is.still fun

Shuouma
Developer

Post#100 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:58 am

wilfrido16 wrote:If it doesnt that would mean that any dreamcast bought or sold that once played online on your server would never be able to play chuchu again without the initial account details from the first owner

This is actually how the ChuChu server worked back in the days, but they used the email address as
the unique identifier. Because we now use the dreampi setup, usually people don't enter a email address
and therefore that is empty when the game communicates with my server. So the best way is to use
the DC ID.

If you have several DC's you need to create a unique account for each console.

Of course I can find the account through the DC ID and reset it if somebody
bought a DC already connected to my server.