PBA Tour Bowling 2001 Is Back Online!

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

scaryred24
Sunday Shootout

Re: PBA Tour Bowling 2001 Is Back Online!

Post#11 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:09 pm

I kind of apologize for ruining it for you guys in the chatbox last night, but the only clue I had to guessing it right was some not so private discussions scattered around this forum from the last couple of months. Also listing it on Dreamcast Live really wasn't such a good idea. I'll keep my mouth shut next time this happens again.

Anyways I haven't burnt a Dreamcast game since like 2 years ago with Headhunter and haven't touched my equipment since I had to get a copy of PSO Sylverant Patcher CD (not true since I used the same equipment to throw linux on my old PC build 4 months ago) so hopefully I should have a copy in the next 15 minutes or so. That excludes the time to get the game.
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $2623 ($699 with sales)
  • Games owned: 250
  • Games played: 146 (58%)
  • Hours on record: 1,948.2h

http://www.speedtest.net/result/7087109286Image

DarkSynbios
DC-Talk Addict

Post#12 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:45 pm

Shuouma wrote:
KGRAMR wrote:Jesus,both Peter3k & Jonas are magicians of full caliber. :D

Yeah, I thought it was suitable to give the "smaller" online games some love
before the big ones hit the scene.

Now I just need to pick a new game to get online :D

Mmmmm.. what's next Shuouma? :D I hope Vanishing Point will be good idea! :D
BTW you do great job so far! ;)

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#13 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:19 pm

scaryred24 wrote:I kind of apologize for ruining it for you guys in the chatbox last night, but the only clue I had to guessing it right was some not so private discussions scattered around this forum from the last couple of months.

You didn't ruin anything. :lol: You just happened to guess correctly. It's not like you knew what it was. :) Not that it was a huge secret anyway. I teased it on Twitter and Dreamcast Live ahead of time.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

scaryred24
Sunday Shootout

Post#14 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:42 pm

Well I tested this out and boy does this have a steep learning curve. I don't expect anyone to "git gud" until after quite a couple of games. I even went online to set up my profile and that all I did really.
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $2623 ($699 with sales)
  • Games owned: 250
  • Games played: 146 (58%)
  • Hours on record: 1,948.2h

http://www.speedtest.net/result/7087109286Image

Xiden
Developer

Post#15 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:04 pm

I vote Bomberman Online for the next game, or Unreal Tournament :D Those were amazing back in the day

Xiden
Developer

Post#16 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:18 pm

Shuouma wrote:
KGRAMR wrote:Jesus,both Peter3k & Jonas are magicians of full caliber. :D

Yeah, I thought it was suitable to give the "smaller" online games some love
before the big ones hit the scene.

Now I just need to pick a new game to get online :D

I found this on the youtubez

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9ML5Gx ... hAtm5-qSjw

Looks like he's been able to get the master list server to see a Unreal Game on a PC, though apparently the PC and DC versions aren't fully compatible. Maybe there's some tinkering that could be done to make them work together after all?

Shuouma
Developer

Post#17 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:23 pm

Xiden wrote:I found this on the youtubez

Looks like he's been able to get the master list server to see a Unreal Game on a PC, though apparently the PC and DC versions aren't fully compatible. Maybe there's some tinkering that could be done to make them work together after all?

Yeah, I have come even further then that youtube clip, it shows up with map pic and all, you can connect, but when the player spawns it disconnects. This is because of the UT PC server is not comp. with the DC engine.

Xiden
Developer

Post#18 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:28 pm

Shuouma wrote:
Xiden wrote:I found this on the youtubez

Yeah, I have come even further then that youtube clip, it shows up with map pic and all, you can connect, but when the player spawns it disconnects. This is because of the UT PC server is not comp. with the DC engine.

Any chance of the PC Server version being hacked or rewritten to work with DC without having any access to source code?

Wish the assemblies of the server could be decompiled reliably for UT

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#19 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:29 pm

scaryred24 wrote:Well I tested this out and boy does this have a steep learning curve. I don't expect anyone to "git gud" until after quite a couple of games.

You're telling me! Jonas and I played a couple games and we were still throwing gutter balls by the end. :lol: I just can't figure out the controls. I know the first button press is power but I'm not sure about the other two.

scaryred24 wrote:I even went online to set up my profile and that all I did really.

I could be wrong but I don't think your profile is saved at this point. Jonas still needs to implement account creation for Tetris and Bowling.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Shuouma
Developer

Post#20 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:47 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:I could be wrong but I don't think your profile is saved at this point. Jonas still needs to implement account creation for Tetris and Bowling.

No nothing is saved, but that is pretty much just stats. I think you can create a bowler offline and
use it online, that was probably why "Human Amateur" list was empty during online play.
But I can be horribly wrong on this one :)