Problems conecting with Dreampi 1.4

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

pelvicthrustman
rebel

Re: Problems conecting with Dreampi 1.4

Post#21 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:56 pm

[quote="Ryochan7"]Does the DreamPi script output OK after sending the ATA command? I think I have seen that happen before but I haven't used the upstream script in a while; I primarily use a modified version of the mgetty script posted in another thread although both mgetty and pon are available to be used in the modified version. The DreamPi script only cares that a known response is returned from the modem without trying to assume what response should be returned for a given command. Not waiting for a CONNECT response from the modem before launching pon would be a big problem./quote]

Good call! That was it. Yes the ATA command did indeed return OK as a response before responding CONNECT.

I duplicated send_command() as send_command_connect() (quick and dirty but works for testing) - put the timeout default to 60, and hardcoded 'resp' to the string "CONNECT" and it worked!

So if I'm not mistaken the takeaway from this is that checking return values is important - something like:

IF AT+VSM=1,8000 does not return OK then use AT+VSM=129,8000
and
Wait for ATA to return CONNECT

If those were put into DreamPi my modem would have worked straight away (actually the first one is optional...)

I see it's on github - I can whip up a patch if Kazade's cool with it. I don't imagine either of those changes should meaningfully impact other modems, but I then again I just got here so I'll leave it to the experts.

Thanks for the help!

pelvicthrustman
rebel

Post#22 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:56 pm

Ryochan7 wrote:Does the DreamPi script output OK after sending the ATA command? I think I have seen that happen before but I haven't used the upstream script in a while; I primarily use a modified version of the mgetty script posted in another thread although both mgetty and pon are available to be used in the modified version. The DreamPi script only cares that a known response is returned from the modem without trying to assume what response should be returned for a given command. Not waiting for a CONNECT response from the modem before launching pon would be a big problem.

Good call! That was it. Yes the ATA command did indeed return OK as a response before responding CONNECT.

I duplicated send_command() as send_command_connect() (quick and dirty but works for testing) - put the timeout default to 60, and hardcoded 'resp' to the string "CONNECT" and it worked!

So if I'm not mistaken the takeaway from this is that checking return values is important - something like:

and

If those were put into DreamPi my modem would have worked straight away (actually the first one is optional...)

I see it's on github - I can whip up a patch if Kazade's cool with it. I don't imagine either of those changes should meaningfully impact other modems, but I then again I just got here so I'll leave it to the experts.

Thanks for the help!

Brian172
shadow

Post#23 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:26 pm

Hi guys,

How would i be able to get my US robotics 5673 working with dream pi?
im having the exact same problems as you were having, but it seems you have solved it?
I'm not very familiar with coding, iv been using these forums to understand what to do to be honest.
i have managed to do a bit of trouble shooting, and im getting the same problems as Pelvicthrustman had.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
Pso
Griggs / RAmar / lvl 41
Dreaming since 1999

hosler
noob

Post#24 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:15 pm

can someone toss me the code change for this?

Scrivani
Vagabond

Re: RE: Re: Problems conecting with Dreampi 1.4

Post#25 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:19 am

pelvicthrustman wrote:
Ryochan7 wrote:Does the DreamPi script output OK after sending the ATA command? I think I have seen that happen before but I haven't used the upstream script in a while; I primarily use a modified version of the mgetty script posted in another thread although both mgetty and pon are available to be used in the modified version. The DreamPi script only cares that a known response is returned from the modem without trying to assume what response should be returned for a given command. Not waiting for a CONNECT response from the modem before launching pon would be a big problem.

and

Thanks for the help!
Can you send me the dreampi.py with this modifications? I'm testing a external serial modems, having same problem with no waiting for CONNECT

Enviado de meu Moto G (5) Plus usando Tapatalk
Happy if may help:
- BBA Mode for DreamPi: https://bit.ly/3JEIuhs
- VPN Port Fowarding: https://bit.ly/3Bgw4bu
- DC Now Data Analysis: https://bit.ly/42coxXw
- DC KARA NOT DEAD AT ALL- VCD Method: https://bit.ly/3P6VePw
- Know part of BR Community: https://bit.ly/3iLXS12