Connection issue using dreampi. Please help!

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

macaronielevator
rebel

Connection issue using dreampi. Please help!

Post#1 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:30 am

So I'm using the dreampi method to get online with the dreamcast. My problem however is that I can't seem to connect to game servers. I can use the browser on dreamkey 3.0 and connect to web pages perfectly fine. However when I try to use planet ring it tells me that the connection has failed. Can anyone lend any advice?

macaronielevator
rebel

Re: Connection issue using dreampi. Please help!

Post#2 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:10 am

Additionally I am also having trouble configuring my account on DreamcastNow. When I enter my IP address for the Pi it tells me that it isn't recognised.

Xiden
Developer

Post#3 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:54 am

Sounds like maybe the router possibly causing issues. Have you enabled DMZ for your pi yet?

macaronielevator
rebel

Post#4 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:22 pm

Xiden wrote:Sounds like maybe the router possibly causing issues. Have you enabled DMZ for your pi yet?

How do I go about enabling DMZ? Is it just through the router settings? Also, do you think it could possibly be an issue with my USB modem? (I used the one highlighted in Kazade's written tutorial, although most people seem to be using a DELL one)

Shuouma
Developer

Post#5 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:35 pm

Hi

If you are using a regular copy of Planet Ring, then this smells like DNS issues. That is, it can't
resolve the planet ring hostname to the correct IP.

Have you checked pcwrd13's video on setting up the Dreampi, especially the DNS part?

macaronielevator
rebel

Post#6 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:14 pm

Shuouma wrote:Hi

If you are using a regular copy of Planet Ring, then this smells like DNS issues. That is, it can't

Have you checked pcwrd13's video on setting up the Dreampi, especially the DNS part?

I was using a burnt ISO of planet ring, does that make any difference? And yes, I've watched pcwzrd's tutorial, the DNS settings are set to numbers for the DreamPi servers so I'm really confused as to what the issue is. Possibly the burnt version of planet ring?

Xiden
Developer

Post#7 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:25 pm

macaronielevator wrote:
Shuouma wrote:Hi

I was using a burnt ISO of planet ring, does that make any difference? And yes, I've watched pcwzrd's tutorial, the DNS settings are set to numbers for the DreamPi servers so I'm really confused as to what the issue is. Possibly the burnt version of planet ring?

Do u mind downloading chuchu rocket and seeing if that allows you to connect? If it does then your router is probably fine after all. Could be a bad copy of planet ring u downloaded.