Orange Pi instead of Raspberry Pi?

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Xerxes3rd
fire

Re: Orange Pi instead of Raspberry Pi?

Post#21 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:03 am

kazade wrote:DC now code is included right alongside the Dreampi script. The problem is likely that it needs dnsmasq installed and configured with logging enabled.

One day I'll find time to package all this up... :/

My mistake, sorry- I see the DC Now script right there. =) However, it appears that the dcgamespy and dcvoip applications are in binary and .deb files?

perry
noob

Post#22 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:44 pm

I have to agree with you there may be not as much support for the orange pi but they are a lot cheaper.
I have gotten 4 so far and 2 more are in the mail coming any day now.
and I had also ordered a pair of lcd glasses.
Im going to make a portable ubuntu system with this setup.

So this is what I have got and got comming in.

-- Orange Pi Plus 2E H3 Quad Core 1.6GHZ 2GB RAM -- waiting to come in. I plan to over clock that to at least 2 ghz.
-- Virtual Screen 52 inch FPV Portable Wireless Video Glasses VG260 Mobile Theatre -- waiting to come in. I got the highest that I could afford they say the screen is 320 * 240 but it is 410 * 300, but still not happy with it. If everything does work out good I might up grade to 800 * 600 glasses.
-- 5.4ghz transmitter and receiver -- I have. connected up to the HDMI converter the output is 700 x 553 I think. I know it was a lot higher then I thought. Its not connected up right now.
-- Im going with a HDMI converter because I found out you will get more resolution then going there the composite out put.
-- A cheap blue tooth watch for some communication.
-- small bluetooth keyboard with touch pad.

With the glasses free from wires and the watch I should be able to be totally free from the computer. And I can have that close to me. I have 1 256 thumb and 1 128g to go onto the orange PI and I'm looking at putting a Hi gain directional wifi antenna on my TV tower for extended range of about 15k.
What I would really love to do is put a tethered quad up in the air but I think that the planes coming in would not be to happy with that. Some times they come in so low you can hear the landing gear coming down.

I also have a Orange Pi server that has over 60t of storage on it. That I have mounted on the wall at the end of the hall going into my work shop. ( OR CAVE. ) Really it is 40t with 20t as compressed backup.
With this much data I can pretty well watch what ever I want when I want.

I have the antenna on the TV tower now and need to order the new HI gain Transceiver. That will cost about $70.
I just hop It doesn't cause to much trouble. right now It has about a 3 km range on a good day. So I can get free wifi from about 40 stores in that range. I dont use that much. Dont want to get into trouble. Besides I have unlimited internet at home.

OK back to the Orange PI.

For the price and the extra time it will take to get them to do what you want I think it is well worth it.
There is still a hole lot of info on everything on the web if you have a good idea were to look and what to ask goggle.
I really try to not put very much of my equipment on the internet. or buy a cloud based item. I really try to keep as much as I can in house. Date of us in our everyday living is very valuable on the web.

Well thank for the talk. and good luck with your endeavors and good hunting.( I dont know why I put good hunting in just did.)

konio38
undertow

Post#23 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:07 am

Sorry to bump this old thread, but has anyone had any luck with dreampi using an orangepi?

Cheers