PSO on import system

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

farmerfren
shadow

PSO on import system

Post#1 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:01 am

Hi sorry if this has been asked,
my dreamcast just died, got it when it first came out in 98? and i was able to play US games(and i only ran US games on it) , so i guess it was a modded set? but recently it died and i just got a new jap system, but it needed a boot disc to run US games. I was trying utopia but my original PSO became japanese after boot up. So can anyone point me to which is the next step i should take in order to run PSO , with the raspberry pi setup, as i am in the process of making one right now, thanks!

also i read that i should use Bluecrab PSODC loader? does it work for Japanese set?

BlueCrab
Developer

Re: PSO on import system

Post#2 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:02 pm

The Sylverant PSO Patcher disc will work with any console that can boot CD-R discs, regardless of region. It'll allow you to use any version of PSO with your console, even if it's out of region (and it doesn't have all the problems that Utopia causes either). Plus, it'll automatically patch the game at runtime to connect to the server (which is still required even with the Raspberry Pi setup, if you're using either version of the PSO from Japan or v2 from the US).

You may have to change the language setting in the options for the game (or on the BIOS menu of the console) to fix the language issue. You'll know that you found the right option in the menu if you see English written out in English somewhere in it. ;-)

farmerfren
shadow

Re: PSO on import system

Post#3 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:47 pm

oh awesome thanks so much time to burn them discs i suppose