Please help with dail up.

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

mugiwara
rebel

Re: Please help with dail up.

Post#11 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:04 am

Bob Dobbs wrote:Sorry, I just know that my model B did not work but my model A did when my DC-PC set-up existed (alas, my HDD died)!

Hey question, am I actually allowed to use dial up from my isp? (XFINITY is my isp.) If so do you know how? I never done one before but it would be nice to know if that still works.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#12 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:12 am

Well, correct me if I am wrong, but I believe you would have VoIP (voice over IP). This means the phone line you have is routed through your cable connection (via the cable modem/router/VoIP phone adapter combo they rent you). If this is true, then you cannot do this (I, too have X-finicky...lol).
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

mugiwara
rebel

Post#13 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:59 am

Bob Dobbs wrote:Well, correct me if I am wrong, but I believe you would have VoIP (voice over IP). This means the phone line you have is routed through your cable connection (via the cable modem/router/VoIP phone adapter combo they rent you). If this is true, then you cannot do this (I, too have X-finicky...lol).

awe man really? xD
So I can't use that method to get online? ;~;

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#14 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:49 pm

No, sorry.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Return to “Online”