Super Magnetic Neo

A section to post your reviews of Dreamcast games. See rules for details.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Rating System: Please include a rating on the scale from 1 to 10. Make sure to put the name of the game in the topic title (game name must be first in the title) Example: 'Toy Racer Review by yadayadagames'. Also include a poll with options 1-10 other users can rate the game (you can add our own subtitles for each ranking or leave it blank). Example: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtop ... f=34&t=789
gylippus
shadow

Super Magnetic Neo

Post#1 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:20 pm

Hey, I bought this game awhile back mainly for my kids. They wanted some platformer games and this seemed like a good choice. I am happy I bought it, because it is an all around great game. You play a little guy that basically has a magnet as a head. He was made by a scientist but the scientist was kidnapped by a weird baby. He has to travel through these bizarre levels to defeat the bad guy. I won't talk too much about the game because you can easily go over to youtube and see people playing it, but it is well worth picking up. It definitely is pretty difficult too. The levels aren't just a walk through and the bosses take a lot of practice. Another thing, this is a Dreamcast only game and it isn't super cheap. You can get a copy for around 20 bucks and up on eBay. Trust me, it is worth it.

krssn
Metallic

Re: Super Magnetic Neo

Post#2 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:58 pm

Yup, nice game. Wouldn't call it a game for kids though. You really need to stay focussed on this one.

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#3 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:51 am

Yeah, it's a hard son of a bitch, but in a good way :p
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

segata sanshiro
Cracked LCD

Post#4 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:40 pm

When my son was 3 he asked me to play every day so he can watch. Maybe the hardest test for me, since he wouldn't let me just quit a level... i had to suffer, sweat, become a MAN and finish the entire game.

Now my son is 10, he plays NEO by himself, much better than me and has already collected 9 of the 16 furniture pieces for Neo's room ;)

krssn
Metallic

Post#5 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:01 pm

segata sanshiro wrote:When my son was 3 he asked me to play every day so he can watch. Maybe the hardest test for me, since he wouldn't let me just quit a level... i had to suffer, sweat, become a MAN and finish the entire game.

That's pretty awesome actually... :lol:

Hope he didn't make you do the same thing with games like Contra, Ghouls 'n Ghosts, etc... :lol:

beanboy
Wazza

Post#6 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:29 pm

I played this game, many months back, and I like it. :D
Yeah it's tough. Not an easy game at all. And I still have some more stages to complete.
I wish they make a sequel though.

QBsince1933
shadow

Post#7 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:33 pm

Yeah I've heard this game is super hard and have never thought about getting it because of that. Do you really think it's worth it?

beanboy
Wazza

Post#8 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:36 pm

Wow! Some people are selling it, for about $60.00 and more on ebay. :o
Where as on amazon, it's like $12 and up etc.
Last edited by beanboy on Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#9 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:37 pm

Never could get into this one felt like crash bandicoot but not as good

beanboy
Wazza

Post#10 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:44 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:Never could get into this one felt like crash bandicoot but not as good

Yeah. It was always compared to Crash. :)