Dreamcast turns off only while playing game

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum
mistamontiel
Shark Patrol
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Errythan except Tetris o.0

Re: Dreamcast turns off only while playing game

Post by mistamontiel »

Something is really wrong if Clockwork's unit is powering off instead of just the reset problem ..

Try it I had to give my PSU pins a lil nudge n seems to have ironed itself out lotsa use and DreamPi online hours too , if I remember rightly NTSC pins you push up and PAL pins you push down

Clockwork
rebel

Post by Clockwork »

mistamontiel wrote:Something is really wrong if Clockwork's unit is powering off instead of just the reset problem ..

Try it I had to give my PSU pins a lil nudge n seems to have ironed itself out lotsa use and DreamPi online hours too , if I remember rightly NTSC pins you push up and PAL pins you push down
Yeah it is definitely a different problem as everyone says as mine just shuts off now. But I will be checking the D.C. Today and see if I can't get one to at least work.

Really don't want to buy another DC but I will if I have to.

On a semi side note, o can't wait until those new power supplies on indie gogo are ready.

Anonymouse
Outtrigger
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO, Quake 3, Toy Racer, Planet Ring, Chu Chu Rocket, 4x4 EVO. AlienFront Online, Worms World Party

Post by Anonymouse »

Its not the pins that you need to bend slightly, its the gates/shiutters that the pins make contact with on the PSU board. I have had several Dreamcasts, all that eventually show this problem. Take the PSU board out and look at the gates/shutters that the pins push though to make contact with. Looking down on top ofthem, push them down with a terminal screw driver so that they push harder against the pins when put back in place.

The reason you will only get this issue when playing a game is because the dreamcast will be trying to draw a larger current from the PSU.

Its is also worth cleaning the pins with a contact cleaner or glass fiber brush if you have any. Its not essential though. Im an elevtrical engineer so have this sort of stuff.

Hopefully this will help you.
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart