Screen off centre

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

jms1977
noob

Screen off centre

Post#1 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:02 pm

Hi guys first post so I'm a newbie here and looking for some help, I've got my dreamcast hooked to to a panny 4k display via vga and then a vga to hdmi converter, the picture is great apart from one thing the screen is off centre to the right is there anything I can do to centre the screen? Thanks

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Re: Screen off centre

Post#2 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:19 am

You may be able to alter this in the service menu. I only have experience using CRTs though
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Re: Screen off centre

Post#3 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:59 am

Ok, only had this problem in a Haier 22" TV (except it was a pure VGA connection, no converting). I wound up using an old Altinex 2x1:2 2x1 VGA switcher. This switcher had an RGBHV output via BNC connectors with a buffered output. When I used this, the image as in the centre.

A great deal of TV's are not supporting VGA unfortunately, although I know you are using a HDMI connection to your tele via the converter. Most TV's do not have much support for the HDMI being the HDCP/EDID communications that occur also dictate the resolution and other aspects of the signal - once again depending on you tele's chipset and how it interprets communication from a VGA to HDMI converter.

The converter may be the problem as it is most likely not a scaler. IF it is, please give use some more details like the model number of the make/model tele and converter.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs